HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] New GUIControls not displaying  (Read 1361 times)

ZzAmbushzZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] New GUIControls not displaying
« on: Apr 28, 12, 08:03:04 PM »

Hey all:

Sorry, for such a basic question/problem.  I usually do not post such items as I'm usually able to figure it out or at least find the answer but I haven't had much luck. 

I've reviewed tuts and read forum posts and still when I add new GUI controls via GUI Editor to display on render screen, I get nothing.  I've checked and the XML is being created but for some reason, not displaying on the screen after I save my changes.  When I edit existing controls (E_Statusbar) sometimes my changes take and sometimes they don't and the GUI reverts back to it's original state.

Do GUI changes via GUI Editor take effect instantly or is there some reset/reloading that needs to be done?

I appreciate the assistance. 
Great product and great forum BTW.  Anyone who has dealt with hosting and the managing aspects of online gaming can see the value in this product immediately regardless of the learning curve. 
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 12, 03:44:25 PM by HE-Cooper »

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: New GUIControls not displaying
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 12, 08:47:47 PM »

Usually after any UI changes, I'll just restart the client, or I head to the area organizer, and load into a play instance of Character Selection and re-select my character.

ZzAmbushzZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 12, 09:13:08 PM »

Great, thank you Chromehound.  That works for GUI changes made to existing controls.  But nothing new is showing up.  They have a size, set to visible... followed tuts to a "T"; what am I missing...?

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 12, 09:20:35 PM »

If you're adding controls, then make sure they're being called in the E_playerAccountClassMethods (client script).....or obviously if you've implemented your own file names, then whatever you named that YourGameID_playerAccountClassMethods.

ZzAmbushzZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 12, 09:44:27 PM »

Sweet, that worked!  Thank you Chromehound. 

I guess I never thought to check the scripts.  I assumed the editor would modify the scripts needed to display the GUI.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 12, 09:57:08 PM »

you're welcome :)

also, don't assume the engine is doing anything you don't tell it to do lol