HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Hero Engine Game and Offsite Database  (Read 1922 times)

OmegaV

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • GamerzDEN
Hero Engine Game and Offsite Database
« on: May 03, 12, 05:48:41 AM »

Im new to the Hero Engine.

My team and I are creating a new game.

With a very complex formular  which allows infinite combination features, a sophisticated monetary AI, one that is fluid, and non linear.

"and we hope it will be able to transmogrify  to any game as a plugin"

We do not wish to share our formular on the hero engine until we have fine tuned it, and published it.

My question is simple.

Can we develop a game, using an offsite database, instead of the traditional hero engine?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Hero Engine Game and Offsite Database
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 12, 07:57:51 AM »

The heroengine makes online games in real time and requires a connection to the heroengine server at all times. You could purchase a source license and run the servers on your own hardware, or you could keep your super secret formula hidden on your computer and only upload the output from the formula, or wait until the very last minute to use your super secret formula, while using an inferior semi secret formula right up until the very last second, then bam! Super secret formula hits, forever altering history and the online gaming space! :-)

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 12, 07:29:31 PM »

Im new to the Hero Engine.

My team and I are creating a new game.

With a very complex formular  which allows infinite combination features, a sophisticated monetary AI, one that is fluid, and non linear.

"and we hope it will be able to transmogrify  to any game as a plugin"

We do not wish to share our formular on the hero engine until we have fine tuned it, and published it.

My question is simple.

Can we develop a game, using an offsite database, instead of the traditional hero engine?

If you don't trust these guys, you can't trust anyone. Why should they care about this secret script. If you wouldn't have written it here they would not even know about it. And even they would read it. So what? You can't reinvent the world. Everything that is possible to write in a programming language was already written once. Maybe just nobody knows about it or what ever. Just to make it sure, everything you've written in your script could already be in use or in development elsewhere.

But it's your desicion after all. I don't think the project will succed if you don't believe in some people.

Ascend2Crux

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • Ascend 2 Crux
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 12, 03:22:05 AM »

I agree with Uexilon, the thing that you should be concerned about is just how fast the competition will be able to adapt what for now is your secret "weapon" and they will.

So what you might think about is how you roll out your secret "weapon" if it is possible to do so in a manner that can keep you just one step ahead of the competition and at the same time give you just enough space to see if they improve your design and you can steal it back and also improve on it.

This is the nature of all design, someone gets a great idea and others improve on it.

Just look at the fact of all of us that have decided to use HE as apposed to writing our own engine, tools and backend.

We look at the state of game development as we finally have the tools to tell a story and it is the "story" that is really the secret weapon and it is the tools that make it possible to reach the world.

Thank you to all of the Developers of the Hero Engine.

MJ Trottier
Ascend 2 Crux
Ascend 2 Crux where everything is player made.

OmegaV

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • GamerzDEN
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 12, 02:37:55 PM »

Thank you guys, for your replies.
I will take your inputs under consideration.

Good Luck in your future gaming.