HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Adding static mesh to HeroEngine  (Read 2180 times)

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Adding static mesh to HeroEngine
« on: May 07, 12, 04:04:46 AM »

Hey guys,
I tried to follow the "Static Art Assets Tutorial" and completed it just fine..
File (hgm) and textures (dds) are in the same folder in the ArtDepot, used repository to upload it all to a similar folder, went to the Asset Library in HE and added a new item to a new library, added it to the scene, mesh is visible though its textures are not and it appears to have some kind of default DDS which is colorful and flickering but not the diffuse or the normal maps. tried perhaps getting into the properties of the mesh and change the textures there but can only change the diffuse color.
I added a picture, I hope it is visible because I am unable to attach files for some reason:

Thank you ! :)
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 01:03:24 PM by HE-Cooper »

Dragorth

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Adding static mesh to HeroEngine
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 12, 05:11:02 AM »

First, that is the normal texture for every new object that you load. It is there to show you where the object is, until the client can download the texture from the server. So, without know how long you waited, your internet speed, and many other factors, like texture sizes, my first inclination is to wait no more than thirty minutes (thirty minutes would be safe to assume there may be a problem unless you are on dial-up, or are constantly being kicked.) before assuming there is an issue.

If you have already waited that long, and still no go, check for error messages in the Error window. Goto Windows --> Errors if you don't have it displaying.

Then use the search function of the forums to see if any one else has already got an answer to that problem. Hint - the likelihood is that they do, and can save you the time of waiting for the HE team to see your post.

If that still doesn't answer your question, come back here, and post the error message, as well as more info about the mesh, and the textures used.

And good luck.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Adding static mesh to HeroEngine
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 12, 06:03:10 AM »

First, that is the normal texture for every new object that you load. It is there to show you where the object is, until the client can download the texture from the server. So, without know how long you waited, your internet speed, and many other factors, like texture sizes, my first inclination is to wait no more than thirty minutes (thirty minutes would be safe to assume there may be a problem unless you are on dial-up, or are constantly being kicked.) before assuming there is an issue.

If you have already waited that long, and still no go, check for error messages in the Error window. Goto Windows --> Errors if you don't have it displaying.

Then use the search function of the forums to see if any one else has already got an answer to that problem. Hint - the likelihood is that they do, and can save you the time of waiting for the HE team to see your post.

If that still doesn't answer your question, come back here, and post the error message, as well as more info about the mesh, and the textures used.

And good luck.

Thanks a lot Dragorth ! I looked in the errors and saw I had a problem with texture locations for some reason.. now it's fixed and got it working :)

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Adding static mesh to HeroEngine (solved)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 12, 08:31:04 AM »

Nice work getting it fixed; Yay! Community-driven problem solving!

Also, is that is an excellent character, what's the poly count on it?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 12, 08:48:47 AM »

Yeah, seriously, really nicely stylized and modeled. Especially if he's under 10k polys.

gaarzen

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 12, 10:18:29 PM »

Hey, sorry I didn't see the replies until now :)
The char is 9334 Tris, however, although one of modelers in the crew made it it's not going to be in the game and it's just there for tests.. Thanks  :D