HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: On Rails Space Shooter Demo  (Read 998 times)

HE-Cooper

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
On Rails Space Shooter Demo
« on: May 09, 12, 03:46:41 PM »

Is up and should be visible in all clusters, so no need to do anything special, just load your normal HeroBlade.

This is an on rails space shooter example. It's using all old HJ Ref art, so no making fun of it, but for one texture, some inverted terrain, 6 rocks, and 4 particle effects, it could look a whole lot worse. I went for kind of a retro feel. But the particles are pretty well done, and there's some great tech in there to do some interesting things. I also made all of the sounds in garage band, so no making fun of that either.

This took pretty much 2 scripters 2 weeks to put in place, and then some polish and bug fixing. Anyways, check it out for some quick fun an some great reference material.
Cooper Buckingham
HeroEngine Product Manager
Cooper@HeroEngine.com
linkedin.com/in/cooperbuckingham

HE-Cooper

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: On Rails Space Shooter Demo
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 12, 04:23:24 PM »

Some video footage if you're too lazy to load the Blade. :-)

http://youtu.be/To5YvCds2Qg
Cooper Buckingham
Cooper@HeroEngine.com

JCSmith562

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 12, 03:51:00 AM »

It's great to see these new references. Should make it a lot easier for people who want to do this type of thing.

webside80

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 12, 10:54:01 AM »

I agree, it's great to see these references as I makes it easier to understand how HE works and what you can achieve with it.

Thanks Cooper.

HE-Cooper

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 12, 08:57:47 AM »

We fixed two issues with the shooter: Massive amounts of pathing obstacles were set to the wrong physics type and causing lag, and awareness was sometimes causing you to become aware of other player's base character, which means you would catch a glimpse of our silly 1980s HeroEngine Dude flying in space sometimes. :-)

We also changed the tuning to speed you up more and more every lap, and to make boxes worth 5x the points of the larger obstacles, they were only 2x.

It's surprisingly fun now. We have competitions in the office on Fridays. :-)
Cooper Buckingham
Cooper@HeroEngine.com