HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] My objects are not visible  (Read 1411 times)

AdvenCast

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] My objects are not visible
« on: Jul 23, 12, 11:05:10 PM »

I read the wiki so many times that I am tired of reading it. I watched the videos until I am tired of hearing them talk. I absolutely cannot figure out how to get assets into the game. I have failed so many times and I am becoming very aggravated at this point. Its been like 2 weeks and I still can't get a simple box into my game. The art depot is set up fine and everything. I make a box using 3ds max, and export by using the export selected button in Utilities> Max Script> Hero export. I save it under, HE>Character>Dynamic_2 so I will easily be able to locate it on the RB. I drag it to the same folder on RB. I click back on Hero and click create>Model> then I select abox.hgm. I then click Ok, and then select, "select and dynamic place". I then go back to create>Model> and then choose abox.hgm. All that shows up is the x, y, and z direction arrows. There is no box anywhere, nothing at all. I don't know what I am doing wrong? But I really am getting a bit fed up here. Please help me with this. Please.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 12, 09:27:54 AM by HE-BENNETT »

PRatliff

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: My objects are not visible
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 12, 11:22:06 PM »

Any errors in console?

AdvenCast

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 12, 11:24:21 PM »

No errors at all.

AdvenCast

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 12, 11:25:49 PM »

The last thing it says in console is, creationObject abox.hgm seems to be done.

Joel_Azzopardi

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 12, 03:38:38 AM »

In your run down of your processes you didn't mention applying a hero material. Try that.
And if it does have a Hero Material applied, make sure you are sourcing it from a directory in your RB and not on your local machine.

Also make sure the scale of the object is correct in your modelling app, could be that it is creating the model its just to small for you to see, try find it in the assets panel.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 12, 03:40:21 AM by Joel_Azzopardi »

WoE-Anthony

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 12, 04:04:26 AM »

Joel nailed it BUT you source your Hero material from the local drive where you have your art pipeline setup...not the repo. You also have the texture saved as a .dds format? and not jpeg? or anything other than .dds?

Joel is right with the scale thing too...this had me stumped until I realised I have Maya set in centremetres and I had to scale it up. Go into Heroblade then up top Window>Properties (Im sure) then down near the bottom (dont select or deselct anything once you have created the model, it should be highlighted) there is a scale report. Type in 100,100,100 then see if this helps.

Oh...dont create model twice...you have to LOAD ASSET first...then straight after that CREATE model, dont worry about touching dynamic place yet.

Check your material first, then LOAD etc...then check the scale.

cheers Bullet
We are coming at ya!

AdvenCast

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 12, 09:11:12 AM »

Using the information you provided me with, I was able to get the box into the game. But it is like rainbow colors. The .dds texture I used was the sample one you can download from heroengine website. Thanks a lot guys, your awesome.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 12, 09:16:15 AM »

The 'rainbow colors' are a sign that the box was exported with a material that points to a texture that HE can't find.

Make sure you copy the dds texture into the local repository on you computer and THEN link it to the material in Max before you export the asset.  After that, make sure you upload the texture to the repository in the same place :)

In the future, check the console window for errors, which will alert you to most problems you might be having with an asset. 

AdvenCast

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 12, 09:27:05 AM »

I got it working! I had to first save the .dds on the local drive before applying it on max. Thanks for the help guys.