HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Born to Reign. Recruits Needed...  (Read 1615 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Born to Reign. Recruits Needed...
« on: Jul 24, 12, 05:45:34 AM »

We need a little of everything.

Writers, Artists, 3D Model Makers, and did I mention Writers?

We have several Google Docs, chat over Skype.

Since we're an international team, it has been weeks or months since I've talked to the others on the team. What I have been intending to work on is the game rules which would need transfering over from Pen and Paper domain to a viable computer game setup.

The project leads compared their game concept to "Mount & Blade" and some other game whose name I have forgotten. We're shooting for realism. Realism in combat as well as in the fact there will be no monsters or magic involved.

So, if you have some time to help and live in the USA or don't, send me a skype message @ morfiction.

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: Born to Reign. Recruits Needed...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 12, 09:21:46 AM »

I would be interested in "the other game" 's name if you could find that out.

There are a lot of attempts to provide a game like Mount & Blade (combat wise at least), so what makes this one stand out?

I once had Hero Engine on my PC, but when I went back to school/had other stuff come up, I lost the time to work with it. Now that I have lost access I am unable to afford the $100/year at this time, is there any way to assist that doesn't cost me money? In the process of trying to sell my car/lease a new one so all pennies are extra valuable at this time.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 12, 09:56:17 AM by Caldenfor »

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 12, 10:52:42 AM »

Wha? It's available free now...

Well anyway, I think that other game was "wurmonline"?

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 12, 02:02:23 PM »

Figured out my issue, but back to your thread.

Why is it that it has been "weeks" or "months" since you were in communication with other members of the team? Seems a bit sparingly.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 12, 02:14:29 PM by Caldenfor »

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 12, 07:21:15 AM »

International team, we don't sync our schedules up with each others' because someone could be sleeping while the others are awake... and one person or two might just avoid being on skype because they see no progress in the game... :D

We always have a little progress because a couple of the team members are into their full time positions and lives outside of the game. It's not their fault and I would help more often but I have troubles of my own when it comes to concentration and such.

Our website is also a tad skimpy on details because the team head wants to keep everything secret....

We also have a forum, but that's also under-done. http://www.born-to-reign.net/forums/

I'm sure if we had some fresh perspectives things would go better.

EDIT: http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds/item/859-need-rules-miester-and-possible-quest-writers/
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 12, 07:33:07 PM by morfiction »