HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: La Damar de Infernale Terre  (Read 2557 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
La Damar de Infernale Terre
« on: Aug 05, 12, 11:21:22 AM »

Official fb page.

It should translate to "The Destruction of Hellish Earth."

Since my last post was deleted, I'm making this one.

So far I've brainstormed for months about this concept. For some reason I thought up "Martian World Builders" for a project I was ultimately fired from. The concept for that was Earth became ruined in such a degree from another World War's aftermath involving nukes so that the Martians stepped in and reforged everything to reflect a simpler time of warfare. A more honorable one if you would. Some people became classic fantasy non-human races.

This game takes place on Mars. I'm inspired by the classic Warcraft series and also a mechanic from "Messiah" computer game. Another inspiration is Dragon Force. I haven't seen the John Carter movie nor read the books involving Mars.

Don't be looking for Marvin here!

The title is mostly French with the phonetic word for "Destruction" in Arabic. The fb web page is backwards a little because I'm not sure which word comes first. It is either "Earthly Hell" or "Hellish Earth"...?  I don't speak French or anything except English to my detriment.

As I pitched the concept to one person, the dynamic for this game is to collect resources via claiming a vein of ore or a copse of trees. It's going to be more dynamic and involved than most Capture the Flag games....

The idea also is we have specialized Martian war lords who have special astral plane powers and elemental magics. So far I haven't got a team, but am going to try and get help from the Art Department of a local community college.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: La Damar de Infernale Terre
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 12, 01:01:56 PM »

Mort, every 3 weeks you post about a new game you're working on. :-) if you don't have any artists or engineers I would recommend trying to volunteer on another team.

DarkOMEN

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 12, 03:02:51 PM »

La damar de la terre infernale

What you've written there makes no sense.

Edit:
Judging by this thread, I strongly recommend volunteering to work on somebody else's project, or just mess around with a world until you understand the whole HE paradigm.  You'll have a hard time attracting followers if you aren't at least familiar with the tools and interface.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 12, 03:07:58 PM by DarkOMEN »

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 12, 04:14:51 PM »

Mort, every 3 weeks you post about a new game you're working on. :-) if you don't have any artists or engineers I would recommend trying to volunteer on another team.

Eh?

The pen-and-paper ideas threads were about "Born to Reign" and its rules I was trying to work on. I'm sorry I didn't specify in my posts.

"Damar" is my idea. :D

I'm going to get help with the community college's art department for the two projects in the near future. I couldn't email them because the email posted on their website is broken. :(

And, well,  I did look to volunteer. I'm unskilled pretty much and nobody wants a burned out writer. :(

Edit:
Judging by this thread, I strongly recommend volunteering to work on somebody else's project, or just mess around with a world until you understand the whole HE paradigm.  You'll have a hard time attracting followers if you aren't at least familiar with the tools and interface.

Oh? I have a world. I'm messing around with terrain building right now. I got pretty good at it, added some water, then I spent months not using it and now I'm completely confused about how to do certain things....

Like I know I have to soften the edges of the land near water to allow my player character to walk onto the beach but I don't have the patience to do this... :(  Then I forgot what I was doing and tried to get this tree to be on land when I noticed it was surrounded by water and was just poking outta water.

I ended up making a lot of spikes of land then deleted the tree and stuff. hehe. I'm a slow learner. Not my fault, I was in Learning Disabled classes as a youngster.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 12, 04:21:19 PM by morfiction »