HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: The Exile MMO project  (Read 28753 times)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
The Exile MMO project
« on: Aug 17, 12, 12:47:09 PM »

Greetings one and all. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce our game and what we are about.

Name: Exile Online
Genre: Cyberpunk Dystopian MMO
Estimated Launch: TBA
Voice comms details: Teamspeak 3 (server IP: ts30.gameservers.com:9165 password: ratsucks123)

Exile online summary:

Overview- Exile Online will be a cyberpunk MMO set in the far future as mankind stuggles to survive political and social strife in a never ending world of plot and subterfuge. Our game will take leads and inspiration from many corners of the scifi/cyberpunk genere including: Bladerunner, Akira, Judge Dredd, Deus Ex, Total Recall and several other sources.

Imagine a world where intrigue and multiple storyline twists can happen at any moment. We will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. Our world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications.

Free to play-
The game will be free to download and free to play. We will have a diverse Micro-Transaction style system for income generation.

Guilds/clans-
Exile online will feature in-depth guild mechanics. We believe guilds and clans are the heart of a game, so having diverse and interesting systems in place to encourage cooperative group play is what Exile online will be focussed on.

Player Controlled towns/bases/outposts-
There will be powerful systems in place for guilds and players to create, take and hold territory. If a player is given a plot of land to defend, you can be sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Dynamic Avatar Creation-
Exile Online will make full advantage of advanced character creation and customisation. Want that tatoo that your mother said you couldnt have? Want to dress up in a pink metal TuTu? You got it.

Player Economy-
All the best items ingame will be crafted by players. In one form or another, everything you have on your character will be crafter by you or another player.

About the team:

Exile is a 4 year old multigaming guild. We have allways spoken at length about how awesome it would be to have our own pet MMO project. With the advent of the great offering from HE, we finally have that chance.  Our development team currently consists of:

Prometheus: Yup its me, "the big cheese" so to speak. Ive played a lot of games for a lot of years, but this is my first chance to make something with my own 2 hands. As co leader of the multigaming guild, ive been through the thick and thin of it. Our main motto is no drama, but we all know that playing online sometimes means you gotta get your hands dirty.

Anway, im 26, from England (cup o'tea) and love the whole aspect of cyberpunk. Ive played a few games of the genre, but they suffered from terrible development teams. Im not saying we are better or worse than those guys, but with this opportunity, at least 10 years from now i will be able to say "i was there".

I use to make maps and mods for Jedi Knight II and III and for the Elder scrolls games, but now i thought it would be a good time to learn a new trade as im not getting any younger. Ive picked up 3ds Max and i have to say, after being daunted at first by the complexity of the program, im now loving it. Ill be making 3d artwork for the game.

Chronos: Was trying to learn coding and scripting from scratch, but it looked like an alien language to him. Having regained conciousness (lost it when looking at the Dom editor for the first time), he pronounced that he will be working on 3d models with me.

Valux: 3d modeller with a degree in CGI and animation.

Crow Bennett: Our resident sound master. Co leader of Exile. Good old chap.

Gonazz: Mr motivator. Has a ton of ideas and storylines on this genre. If you ask him a question on voice comms, make sure you have the next 3 hours unbooked on your calendar.

Daedalus: On and off scripter. Will be spending the next few months relearning to script because he is out of touch. Also will be designing our website.

I know this is turning into a wall of text. But its good to finally actually introduce our home grown project to an outside audience. As you can see, our team lacks scripters. Thats the only spot that we are lacking on at the moment. I know its a huge gap, but we have some leads for scripters that may come on board. Thats not to say we wouldnt highly appreciate picking some talent up from these forums :)
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 12, 07:21:51 AM by Prometheus2012 »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: The Exile MMO project
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 12, 01:40:24 PM »

Ive made a facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ExileOnline

There isnt much on there atm, but ill be uploading images of buildings and models etc over the next few days.  Please feel free to share this with your friends :)

RogerD

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 12, 07:22:26 AM »

Ive made a facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/ExileOnline

There isnt much on there atm, but ill be uploading images of buildings and models etc over the next few days.  Please feel free to share this with your friends :)

I like the logo.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 12, 05:27:54 PM »

Our youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/ExileMMO?feature=mhee

Nothing there yet, but stay tuned :)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 12, 08:33:08 PM »

Welcome to Jax Hax, our new primary coding guy. He has experience in C++ and is looking forward to being a part of the team.

If anyone would still like to be a part of this project, we have 1 coder/scripter spot open. If you are not a coder, but would still be interested in joining, please feel free to give me a PM or go through the other application processes.

Valux2012

• Developers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 12, 10:03:11 AM »

im Val... i are the DAP

ill be around from time to time :)
this is my first first game prodution
but i can help with the few things i know about

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 12, 07:14:15 AM »

Strange, vals username seems to be invisible...

Daedalus2012

• Developers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 12, 07:22:22 AM »

Hey im Daedalus, im friends with Prometheus IRL, ive done various work on games and websites in the past and offered my part time services to him in building a website for the game, along with fixing up the forums and other things :D

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 12, 03:36:43 PM »

Welcome to Json our newest team member. Lead programmer/scripter. Looking forward to seeing some systems ingame soon :)

DannyJo

• Developers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 12, 03:44:22 PM »

Hey I'm Json, signing in as developer/programmer/scripter.

I've been developing for years, currently work as a Senior Developer and do a bit of game development during my spare time.

Looking forward to creating EO with you all :)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 12, 03:57:30 PM »

Check out our new twitter page. We will have updates when we have something more solid to show.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 12, 04:10:30 PM »

Jax is about to start his degree in nuclear physics, so kinda doesnt have much time to spend toward being the lead scripter. Now that we have Json on board, Jax can take a secondary role as script monkey.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 12, 04:12:13 AM »

Welcome to the newest member of the team. Concept artist Jim Walker. he has a passion for all things cyberpunk and sci fi, so having him onboard is going to be a real boon.

Looking forward to seeing some of his art.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 12, 08:15:16 AM »

PVP-

Exile Online will feature many opportunities for pvp. These include but are not limited to the following.

Open world - Open world pvp will be highly encouraged by combining the clan wilderness outpost system with high end crafting material gathering. There will be several methods of gaining crafting materials that dont involve pvp, but the greater the risk to a player, the greater their rewards will be. Also the fact that control of several high grade PVE instances is up for grabs will also initiate pvp opportunities.

Instanced Bloodsports - There will be several bloody spectator sport style games for players to queue up for. These will include a Running Man style evade and capture game where the longer a player survives the better their rewards will be. There will also be a game that takes inspiration from American Football, only a lot more bloody and treacherous. Exile Online is set in a dystopian world, and the citizens of the 27th century have to get their rocks off somehow.

Innercity lawless areas - There will be sectors of the city where the police force dare not go. There will be specific missions/dailies and rewards for fighting in these areas

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 12, 03:08:26 PM »

We have a second concept artist onboard now. A big welcome to Mich, our newest team-member. Its going to be very interesting to see what comes from the workshops of Mich and Jim.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11