HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exile Online recruiting  (Read 4844 times)

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Exile Online recruiting
« on: Aug 17, 12, 01:06:34 PM »

Name: Exile Online
Genre: Cyberpunk Dystopian MMO
Estimated Launch: TBA
Voice comms details: Teamspeak 3 (server IP: ts30.gameservers.com:9165 password: ratsucks123)

Exile online summary:

Overview- Exile Online will be a cyberpunk MMO set in the far future as mankind stuggles to survive political and social strife in a never ending world of plot and subterfuge. Our game will take leads and inspiration from many corners of the scifi/cyberpunk genere including: Bladerunner, Akira, Judge Dredd, Deus Ex, Total Recall and several other sources.

Imagine a world where intrigue and multiple storyline twists can happen at any moment. We will be straying far from the "go here kill 10 rabbits" mission archetype that seems to be so prevalent in other MMOs of today. Our world will be a place where the actions of one individual can have global consequences and ramifications.

Free to play-
The game will be free to download and free to play. We will have a diverse Micro-Transaction style system for income generation.

Guilds/clans-
Exile online will feature in-depth guild mechanics. We believe guilds and clans are the heart of a game, so having diverse and interesting systems in place to encourage cooperative group play is what Exile online will be focussed on.

Player Controlled towns/bases/outposts-
There will be powerful systems in place for guilds and players to create, take and hold territory. If a player is given a plot of land to defend, you can be sure they will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Dynamic Avatar Creation-
Exile Online will make full advantage of advanced character creation and customisation. Want that tatoo that your mother said you couldnt have? Want to dress up in a pink metal TuTu? You got it.

Player Economy-
All the best items ingame will be crafted by players. In one form or another, everything you have on your character will be crafter by you or another player.

About the team:

Exile is a 4 year old multigaming guild. We have allways spoken at length about how awesome it would be to have our own pet MMO project. With the advent of the great offering from HE, we finally have that chance.  Our development team currently consists of:

Prometheus: Yup its me, "the big cheese" so to speak. Ive played a lot of games for a lot of years, but this is my first chance to make something with my own 2 hands. As co leader of the multigaming guild, ive been through the thick and thin of it. Our main motto is no drama, but we all know that playing online sometimes means you gotta get your hands dirty.

Anway, im 26, from England (cup o'tea) and love the whole aspect of cyberpunk. Ive played a few games of the genre, but they suffered from terrible development teams. Im not saying we are better or worse than those guys, but with this opportunity, at least 10 years from now i will be able to say "i was there".

I use to make maps and mods for Jedi Knight II and III and for the Elder scrolls games, but now i thought it would be a good time to learn a new trade as im not getting any younger. Ive picked up 3ds Max and i have to say, after being daunted at first by the complexity of the program, im now loving it. Ill be making 3d artwork for the game.

Chronos: Was trying to learn coding and scripting from scratch, but it looked like an alien language to him. Having regained conciousness (lost it when looking at the Dom editor for the first time), he pronounced that he will be working on 3d models with me.

Valux: 3d modeller with a degree in CGI and animation.

Crow Bennett: Our resident sound master. Co leader of Exile. Good old chap.

Gonazz: Mr motivator. Has a ton of ideas and storylines on this genre. If you ask him a question on voice comms, make sure you have the next 3 hours unbooked on your calendar.

Daedalus: On and off scripter. Will be spending the next few months relearning to script because he is out of touch.

How we work together:

Our development team is working together via Teamspeak 3 voice comms. Its a small and simple program to download and use. Ideas and concepts are currently being put down on our guilds website forum, but the website is currently undergoing and overhaul to a totally new system so we have access to some older forum for passing around ideas and progress reports and the like.

The main aim is to create an mmo with not only immersive, fun and in depth gameplay but also astounding visuals. Imagine riding around a a massive metropolis at200kph as part of a cyberpunk biker gang. Or venturing out into the wilderness to collect vital resources for your guild.

Exile online will be creating some basic systems and world areas before applying to kickstarter. We believe its better to have some sort of ground work done before applying for this kind of funding, as it will give people a better understanding and view of what our game is about rather than just using words.

Positions needed and requirements:

Ideally we are looking for someone that has a passion for the Cyberpunk genre.  We want someone that believes in the product and will stand by it through thick and thin. We also want someone that will offer idea's and suggestions and not be afraid to speak up if they believe we are doing something wrong. We are looking for someone who is hard working and a good team player.

3D character artist - position filled

2D Concept Artist - position filled

Programmers/scripters- 1 or 2

We are looking for 1 or 2 dedicated scripters that have experience with programming and script development. C++ and/or C# experience, even if limited would be ideal.
The main Requirements:  Programming knowledge of some sort C, C++ experience.
Ideally Hero Engine HSL knowledge and experience would be a massive bonus.
The hours for this role are part time and can be set by you but preferably 10-15 hours a week. The scripters need to know what they are doing, as this role is the meat and potatoes of any game. You will need to be dedicated to the task at hand and see it through to the end. The project will be rewarding for those that do.

3D Asset Artists - positions filled

Even though we currently require "only" scripters, that doesnt mean you shouldnt apply to join our exciting project. If you have multiskills, and dont see a position that would suit you, but are highly interested in this genre, please feel free to reply here, PM me on the forum or even come on our TS3 and have a chat.

How to apply?

Email me at: Exile.online@yahoo.com with the job title and your portfolio/experience. Or Reply here/PM me on the forums. Or come on our voice comms chat.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 12, 02:10:41 PM by Prometheus2012 »

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
Re: Exile Online recruiting
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 12, 08:33:21 PM »

Welcome to Jax Hax, our new primary coding guy. He has experience in C++ and is looking forward to being a part of the team.

If anyone would still like to be a part of this project, we have 1 coder/scripter spot open. If you are not a coder, but would still be interested in joining, please feel free to give me a PM or go through the other application processes.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 12, 08:01:11 PM »

Exile Online is recruiting for the following vacancy-

Concept Artist: Must have a love for the sci-fi/cyberpunk genre. Inspiration will come from sources such as Akira, Bladerunner, Running Man, Fifth Element, Ghost in the Shell, Deus Ex, Total Recall.

If you have an interest in this, please leave a message here, PM me on facebook or send your portfolio to exile.online@yahoo.com

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 12, 12:49:36 PM »

Welcome to Our newest coder, Json. Looking forward to seeing some good work come from him.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 12, 07:59:04 AM »

Welcome to our concept artist, Jim walker. He came highly reccomended by another team member He has a love for the sci-fi and dystopian future genres so he is going to be a massive boon to the project.

I personally look forward to seeing some of his amazing work.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 12, 08:11:24 AM »

Once we get a few solid ingame systems with a small playable area completed, we will be taking our project to kickstarter. Any funding we recieve from this invaluable crowd funding option will be going towards paying dedicated coders and our resident concept artist for their time investment.

I have realised that asking a full time coder to defer all of their payment until the project starts making money is a bit too much to ask, so with kickstarter we can at least offer coders a small severance deal which will include full payment upon successful completion of the project.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 12, 03:08:39 PM »

We have a second concept artist onboard now. A big welcome to Mich, our newest team-member. Its going to be very interesting to see what comes from the workshops of Mich and Jim.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 12, 10:48:20 AM »

A position for 3d modeller has opened up. If you are interested in making buildings/interiors/characters/weapons and armour this spot would be perfect for you.

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 12, 11:37:11 AM »

I hope this isn't inappropriate.

How do you plan to cope with "super-guilds"? For this I mean mass amounts of players all allied having complete domination over other players.

Thank you for  your time.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 12, 01:48:22 PM »

Hey, good question. One that all MMOs with open world pvp must combat.

The usual answer to this is, that its up to players to format and prepare their own alliances where and when they see fit. This usually means that one side or the other ends up having "the zerg". We dont want to force people to play with others if they are totally adverse to it, but at the same time, obvious inbalances in numbers will mean one side or alliance may be stronger at one time or another. We dont want to make it so clans cant ally with another clan or alliance simply because they have more numbers allready.

So our open world pvp zones will be divided into several different types.

We will have large open world outposts that are capturable. The largest types will reward the most resource/power to the capturing clan/alliance.

If a smaller clan feels they cannot compete, there will be other directions and avenues of gaining these pvp based resources, in a manner that they wont have to go up against these super zerg guilds that usually inevitably form. Allthough saying this, it will mean they gain less resources, simply because they arent working as hard to gain it.

There will also be non pvp approaches to gaining resources, but again, as the players/clans that choose these methods arent putting themselves in as much danger, the resource gain will be slower than the players that choose to put their necks on the line to gain the best resource areas through murdering their fellow players.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 12, 01:50:23 PM by Prometheus2012 »

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 12, 06:01:08 PM »

If a smaller clan feels they cannot compete, there will be other directions and avenues of gaining these pvp based resources, in a manner that they wont have to go up against these super zerg guilds that usually inevitably form. Allthough saying this, it will mean they gain less resources, simply because they arent working as hard to gain it.

There will also be non pvp approaches to gaining resources, but again, as the players/clans that choose these methods arent putting themselves in as much danger, the resource gain will be slower than the players that choose to put their necks on the line to gain the best resource areas through murdering their fellow players.

First bold: How can developers determine the effort put forth by players to accomplish goals against insurmountable odds(super guilds)?

Second bold: Murdering other players is the single fastest/best way to succeed in the game? Wouldn't this then contribute to keeping other players down by constantly killing them as a means to avoid future competition?

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 12, 03:36:07 PM »

We are still seeking 1 or 2 coders to join our expanding team.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 13, 10:51:28 PM »

Exile Online is still recruiting. We now have 5 modellers, 2 coders, 4 concept artists, 3 sound/music artists and a rigging expert.

Our main lack is in the coding department, as most teams know, the scripting and coding side of things is probably the hardest section to recruit for.

So if you can script, code or program to any degree and are interested in joining a fun team in creating a dystopian cyberbunk adventure, be sure to contact us via a PM on these forums.

Or send an email to - exile.online@yahoo.com

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 13, 02:47:08 PM »

We are still seeking a coder or 2. Our coding team is currently 6 strong, but another HSL experienced programmer would be a great benefit to our team. PM me or send me an email if you are interested in discussing details of this opportunity.

Prometheus2012

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Exile-Online
« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 13, 04:05:51 PM »

We are now looking to fill our last coder spot. As usual HSL experience would be a nice addition, but is not necessary if you have worked with other languages in the past.

Dedication and good communication is also a requirement.
Pages: [1] 2