HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Random Otaku Games, LLC  (Read 1689 times)

WhitakerDavis

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Random Otaku Games, LLC
« on: Aug 26, 12, 10:31:30 PM »

Greetings everyone!

My name is Whitaker Davis and I'm the owner of Random Otaku Games, LLC. We are a small online development company located outside of Cleveland, Ohio with all of our contracted artists and staff scattered around the country.  ROG has been around for over a year now and is made up of both experienced and "fresh out of school" members, all with the same desire: to quit our damn boring day jobs and make games for the rest of our lives. (Might as well be honest about it.)

Here at ROG we don't tend to take ourselves too seriously and that shows in the game designs we're working on - we like to add odd, weird, and occasionally twisted ideas into our games as well as strong storylines and a generous amount of silliness.   

We will be using Hero Engine to create the first in a series of weird game mash-ups: an online game titled "Battle Checkers" (yes, you read that correctly: Battle Checkers) and are planning on using the engine in the future for a social game titled "PNZ!"

We'll have further information on both when it becomes available.

ROG ONLINE:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/randomotakugames

HE-ANDY

• World Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Random Otaku Games, LLC
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 12, 12:27:48 PM »

I've always wondered how Battle Checkers would work out in an MMO setting... I guess I'll find out now. :)

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11653/battle-checkers

WhitakerDavis

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 12, 03:46:10 PM »

LOL!

Never even knew about the board game from '42. I'll have to find one for my collection.   ;D

HE-ANDY

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 12, 06:47:49 PM »

It almost seems like a predecessor to STRATEGO, another favorite of mine.  In college "they" used to use custom-made boards of extended size, and I'd regular lose on them just as readily.

Merries

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 12, 02:06:22 PM »

Sounds pretty interesting! Good luck with your game!
Game Asset Artist | I am available for static art asset creation and world building, please message.