HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Environment Scheme Globals?  (Read 935 times)

byberg

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Environment Scheme Globals?
« on: Sep 20, 12, 03:32:53 PM »

Hey.

Im not sure this is even how its suppose to be working but im guessing setting a environment scheme to global is to be used to have same settings on other areas such as seamless zones and all that correct?

Cause my problem is that i have create a global with all the ligth functions such as sun, sun direction,time of day and all that.

i added the global to a zone that i have connected (seamless) but the time of day dont seem to apply.. everything else does...i think

i have one time on one zone and a slightly different in the connected one...

Am im totally wrong with what im trying to do?
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 12, 07:52:59 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Environment Scheme Globals?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 12, 06:06:44 PM »

Time of day is a server side setting, the time of day slider is just for world builders to be able to test how things look at different times of day.

byberg

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 12, 06:09:36 PM »

well yeah i found that in thread. BUT i did however see that for some reason the "light" changed between the 2 zones.. when stepping from my "main" area into the area i used seamless on the light changes to a lot brighter.

and the settings hasnt been changed... so something does clearly change the lighting....

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 12, 06:12:28 PM »

It's because it's a different time of day in the other zone, but the UI isn't updating as you cross over the seamless link. Or because you haven't applied the global environment scheme to the rooms in the other zone.

byberg

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 12, 06:15:31 PM »

hmm... strange.. well i will need to dig further into this :P just noticed it when setting it up...