HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Yugoslav Front  (Read 9591 times)

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
Yugoslav Front
« on: Sep 27, 12, 04:16:11 PM »

Yugoslav Front http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_Front is one of my first mmos. It is a exploration of pain and rage...  saying that the mmo is playful and comedic too.

Yugoslav Front Pre-Alpha Trailer #1

Eheheh! So playful!

For now, the goal is to have 100 subscribers once it gets out. My estimation is that it will get out by the end of 2017.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 12, 03:15:51 PM by AWW_boss »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Yugoslav Front
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 12, 06:49:08 PM »

Pretty decent character controller work there, especially for all the plane movement being script driven and not animation driven.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 12, 11:03:50 AM »

Pretty decent character controller work there, especially for all the plane movement being script driven and not animation driven.

Thanks!

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 12, 03:26:27 PM »

Here is some pve combat i've been prototyping, with auto targeting  machineguns which i still didn't get quite right (choppy movement on low fps) and machinegun fire particles which look not too crappy but took me a long time to do.
Cheers!

Yugoslav Front Pre-Alpha Trailer #2
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 12, 12:26:04 AM by AWW_boss »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 12, 09:38:00 AM »

The fire particles aren't bad actually, you've certainly got the general shape and look of them right.  With a little polish I'm sure they'll look great! :)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 12, 09:45:19 AM »

With some nicer models and an environment, you're like 6 months away from being able to ship an arena and lobby based game, and since we're providing a lobby system foundation framework, all you have to make is the gameplay. Forget the MMO, polish an arena game, and get it out there, then work on the MMO later. Heck, world of tanks is the most successful game in the world, and people call it an MMO, but all it is is an arena game.

grogbro

• World Owners
  • ZOMBIES! YAY! RUN!!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 12, 02:01:43 PM »

That's pretty d*mn cool! What are the blades on the bottom, part of the design or do they actually help with the physics/movement somehow with HE?

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 12, 11:11:16 AM »

That's pretty d*mn cool! What are the blades on the bottom, part of the design or do they actually help with the physics/movement somehow with HE?

I tought it is obvious that the blades on the bottom are a magnificent Tesla hexalifter device. It keeps the plane hovering and it also provides teleportation. I will be adding other trash elements to the storyline soon: ninjas, zombies, slavic wizards and sorcerers, mutants, nazi etc.
The idea is to have them as a playable characters, jumping from plane to plane and dealing some serious melee damage.

And it will all be coupled with a trashy sepia art for everyone to enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 12, 11:16:53 AM by AWW_boss »

grogbro

• World Owners
  • ZOMBIES! YAY! RUN!!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 12, 01:34:03 PM »

LoL! I was silly not to see the Tesla tech. ;)

I think without going 'too' silly you could have a cool story and game design without just throwing in 'trash'. Maybe not SteamPunk but more sci-fi steampunky'ish designs of the ships and floating cities etc because the world below is trashed by some huge war...and below, is where the Mutants live and they make their own ships. Call them Reavers! hehe, kidding. ;)  (please do call them Reavers)

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 13, 11:16:34 AM »

This video looks like crap and has no fancy graphics in it, but it is a small demo of the controller update i have been working on. It is a demo of remote character movement which is interpolated via catmull-rom splines. The local character sends position and speed updates every 2 seconds which are replicated and stored in a list on remote clients. When remote client has 4 positions it creates a catmull-rom spline and the character is moved alongside it. Two movements are demonstrated here, first the local character moves on a circle, and then it moves on a curve which looks like number 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbTnEQPbclc
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 13, 11:29:55 AM by AWW_boss »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 13, 11:35:28 AM »

Interesting.  It looks like it is not quite turning fast enough for the direction of movement in the figure-8, but there are not too many on here showing customized character controller stuff, so kudos!
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 13, 04:11:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9NECQSSY4

Here are my controllers among heightmaps. Most of them are npcs (6), but there is also one remote pc moving seamlessly around the middle area. At first i wanted to have larger heightmaps, started with 500x500, but then i realized that im a megalomaniac, so i ended up with 150x150 - within engine limitations - will see how will it turn.
So far i have couple of concerns, some of them problems i know how to fix and some of them problems i don't know how to fix. First the seamlessnes sometimes becomes glitchy around junctions of 4 areas, players and npcs appearing and disapperaing randomly etc... I guess the underlying mechanism doesn't like when areas are changed quickly but i dont know how to avoid this because of the flight nature of my game (any suggestions?) Second is a stuttery movement of the npcs and remote players. Third is a zillion seamless / teleport bugs that i introduced by rebuilding accc from scratch.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 13, 01:38:20 PM »

So far I found my 3d models on the internet and they were of questionable legality. That is why i decided to invest some time into modelling tutorials (although i am a programmer by vocation) and here is the result which i am very proud of - my first 3d model of cessna rigged with turrets and vtol capabilities. It's fully skinned and ready to be flown. Now if only i had someone to bake a texture on it...

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 13, 01:54:47 AM »

Hi!

I will be putting my 3d models, art pipeline documentation and verification specifications for my systems on git hub for everyone to see (or contribute).

https://github.com/mpupovac/YugoslavFront

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 13, 01:56:40 AM by AWW_boss »

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 13, 08:52:18 PM »

Hi!

I have decided to create a development log where i will write what am i doing on a day to day basis:

https://trello.com/b/eGfhd4dP/yugoslavfront-development-log

Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2 3