HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Animated Weapon  (Read 2894 times)

iProMaX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Animated Weapon
« on: Sep 04, 12, 07:17:39 AM »

Hi everybody, how to make an animated weapon in the hands of the character? Help please.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 12, 07:40:06 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Weapon
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 12, 10:41:10 AM »

Have you looked the FPS demo?  The gun is probably a good example of what you mean.  Weapons are best implemented as dynamic character parts and to animate them, you do the same as you would for the character itself.
You create bones and skin the weapon pieces to the bones and then animate the bones. 

You may want to use a separate animation channel for the weapon's animation if there will be idle animation playing all the time on the weapon that can't be done with particle effects or something like that.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 12, 01:48:25 PM »

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit, but i feel this is a place to ask. I recently used an object particle to add some extra geometry to my static character. In just a few sentences,what would be i missing if i continue to use object particles and static characters compared to dynamic characters?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 12, 04:43:37 PM »

Dynamic character is our term for characters cut up into swappable pieces. Static characters are just one mesh.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 12, 09:53:14 AM »

You'd be missing out primarily on a huge set of functionality for allowing users to customize their characters as well as a great system for creating NPC's without making each from scratch.  If that isn't necessary to your game design, then using static characters and particles may be a good way of saving time. It all comes down to the design! :)

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 12, 11:41:09 AM »

Thanks!