HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Scrollbar problem - Scrolls one line to short  (Read 2405 times)

DoubleM

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Hi everyone,

I'm currently writing a simple chat, but the (automatic) scrolling doesn't work as it should.
I already searched the forum for it but didn't find anything.

The problem:
Everything works just fine, except the automatic scrolling. It scrolls down, but always just as far that you can't read the last line. (I use "allowStickyBottom" to accomplish the downscrolling)

I get a similar problem using the standard console or chat window, with the difference, that in this windows I can't scroll down far enough to see the last few lines.

Could this be an engine-issue or am I doing something wrong?
I woul  be glad about any suggestions.

Greetings, MM

PS: I attached two screenshots of the problem(s). In the chat I entered 15 test-messages (you see only 14) and in the console I entered 5 test-messages (you see only 8 of 10 lines, it's scrolled down as far as possible)
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 12, 09:53:38 AM by HE-Cooper »

Irushian

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Scrollbar problem - Scrolls one line to short
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 12, 11:29:28 AM »

That also happens in HJRef, with the news panel. You have to expand the box to see the text that the scroll bar refuses to show.

DoubleM

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 12, 01:38:58 PM »

Well, good to know I'm not the only one with this problem  :D
But unfortunately forcing the player to resize the chat to read chat messages is no real option.

No other ideas on how to fix this?
I guess it would be possible to create a new gui-controll for scrolling to replace the existing ones, but unless it's absolutely necessary I'd rather go with the built-in solution.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 12, 02:31:50 PM »

We've investigated and don't see any issues with this, when we look at the HJ Ref news panel it also functions correctly. Are you at a very small resolution or something else that may be causing the issue? Have weird windows font scaling in place or anything?

DoubleM

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 12, 03:13:12 PM »

Well, that's confusing...
I just did a panel reset and now the console is working fine again. and I'm not able to reproduce the error.
- Don't know what I did to mess this up  :o
(Panel reset was the very first thing I tried when I encountered this issue, why it didn't work back then, well, confusing.)

It didn't fix the chat, but supporting allowStickyBottom with
Code: [Select]
collection.offset.y += 100;does.
(I could have sworn I tried this before...)

Well, thank you, everything's working now  :)

[Edit:] My display resolution is 1280x1024, font scaling is standard (as is everything else).

[Edit2:] Well, the console-issue showed up again. After a panel reset everything is fine, but as soon as I dock the console to the top and set Auto-Hide to true some lines are missing after a restart of Hero Blade.
It only occurs in this combination, docking alone works fine.
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 12, 05:03:46 AM by DoubleM »