HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Untitled] Apocalyptic Survival MMOFPS  (Read 1453 times)

rFlash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Untitled] Apocalyptic Survival MMOFPS
« on: Sep 04, 12, 06:12:26 AM »

This project is currently untitled. At the moment we are still currently working on the story. The game is going to be a Zombie Survival MMOFPS, some things may be used as place holder or may be changed in the future. This was put together real quick off the top of my head. I'll clean it up a little more.

Story:

The story is still being developed, but I'm going to give you a quick summary. The story is going to take place about a few decades from now and the world is going to hit a nuclear war. The war lasted about 10 years and now the world is trying to rebuild, atleast with what is left. Our main focus is to rebuild the world, but our focus is so much on this that we don't see what is happening around us. A few years after the war, people start to disappear. An organism was altered due to the exposure of nucleur radiation. The climate of the exposure and the time it took was near perfect to cause the adaption. The organism's main drive is to control it's host and feed, hence the Zombies we know today. Well, scientist have caught wind of this new organism and is trying to figure out what they missed before and what caused this perfect transformation, or is it perfect?

There is going to be 4 different factions. Each factions is going to have their own branch to the story. (Still being adjusted)

Civilian/Survivor - Trying to remain civil and they want to survive this horror.
Bandits - More humans trying to survive, but they do what is necessary and leaders are not their forte.
Scientist - The one's trying to find a way to fight this infection.
Mad Scientist - These guys are looking to understand the organism and use it for the "greater good".

Picking a certain faction will not give you an uphand or a special ability. Your abilities are going to be based off of how you play and how raise your character. We are looking to implement a large amount of weapons from melee to guns.

Your skills are going to be leveled upon usage and the level of your skills will reflect how you operate different things. You will be able to weild any weapon in the game, your skills will determine how accurate you are with it or how fast you move with it.

There will be some instances that are going to be for groups and gangs.

There is going to be cities that are going to be known as bunkers or fortresses. These cities will close at random times because of zombie raids. It will be your job to protect the city.

We are going to add an advanced achievement system, these will give awards, points, titles, etc.

Mounts are going to play a big role in travel, the basic being a horse. We are looking to make the mounts upgradable, like being able to add armor to your horse. We are looking to add buggies and cycles as well, group members will be able to hitch rides, how many members depends on the size of the mount.

We are getting rid of currency all together. The way is going to be bartering. Certain NPCs will be looking for different types of material and minerals, these will give different values to different NPCs. Who knows, maybe your bottle of water is worth 100 bullets to an NPC, but to the bum it's worth the box of 250 he found?

There will be a respect system added as well. This will allow NPCs to like you and dislike you. The respect will be altered by the decisions made in the story.

There is a ton of stuff I would love to share and add. If you have any interest please contact me. When I get more information on the story I will update the thread ASAP. When I get more time I will polish the features better and hopefully start getting some game footage on here.

Right now I'm in need of:
Concept Artist (biggest need at the moment)
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
(I'm going to be working on the scripting, but I could use some help.)
Scripter
Scripter

I'm looking for serious people that are looking for a place to call home. You must be passionate about video games. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the project, please don't hesitate to contact me. I regular the forums, so I won't miss your PMs. (I'm a reader)
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 12, 03:18:15 AM by rFlash »

billpa

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: [Untitled] Apocalyptic Survival MMOFPS
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 12, 08:53:54 PM »

sent you a PM.

rFlash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: [Untitled] Apocalyptic Survival MMOFPS
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 12, 03:17:13 AM »

sent you a PM.

Thank you for your PM, hopefully I answered everything. Let me know if there is anything else.

~Mike