HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] My Assets  (Read 2746 times)

NC-John

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • Nova-Crisis MMORPG
[Resolved] My Assets
« on: Nov 20, 12, 01:07:48 PM »

What would be the best place to offer my new game assets for free to the community here? I want to start the proper thread to not only have a list of downloads and videos of the assets in-game and working examples, but also a place to keep updates and changes for those assets.

My Goal is to pretty much make 75% of the stuff I create for my MMO available for free to other developers. I do this just for the love of creating them and even though I could make some cash off of them, I would rather give them away to other new developers for their games. I have been disabled for many years and creating that stuff is more a passion then a way to make money.

This includes:

1. Static assets animated and non-animated
2. Creature models humanoids and various other models
3. World Machine terrains up to 300 X 300 kilometers
4 Some of my custom textures in DDS format
5. Any code I create and other XML scripts
6. Sounds and music (I'm a professional guitarist songwriter for over 30 years)
7. Other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

Maybe Cooper can point me to the proper thread for all of this before I start the task of creating it and starting my little project and adding over time all of the above.

Thanks

NC-John
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 12, 04:46:17 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: My Assets
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 12, 01:15:01 PM »

Well, technically you don't have a license to distribute art you make that's been exported into the Granny or HeroEngine formats, but your easiest way is just going to be to wait till the asset store comes online next month and then submit screens of your assets to us and we'll open a store section for you.

NC-John

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • Nova-Crisis MMORPG
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 12, 02:36:59 PM »

Good to know, Thanks Cooper. Everything that's NOT created Due to third party apps included with Heroengine was what I was referring to.

I guess I will wait until the asset store but will still include links to my original work when I start the "Show Us Your HeroCloud or HeroEngine Project" thread.

NC-John

DeeRobbins

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Empire Gameworks Community Site
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 12, 05:49:18 AM »

Hey John. that is a really nice thing to do for the community that are working without decent asset creators and great to see someone that wants to give something back for the love of it.

I saw Coopers comments on the legality of the HE export formats etc and that you need to wait for the HE store, as an alternative you can always offer them in max or Obj formats and open your own site. let the game devs know that you are out there and if i were you ask that you get at least a name credit if you don't want financial recompense.

Name credits are something that cost the Dev's nothing and if you ever want to make any cash from your creations in the future it is always great to have references of where your work has been picked up and used :)

As a side thought, i have noticed that there are a few Dev's that are desperate for art asset's, have you considered contacting one or two of them to see if you can get commissions or join projects so that you can watch your creations being bought to life in an actual game. :) just a thought..

Good luck with your creations and have fun DBx
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 12, 05:54:18 AM by DeeRobbins »

NC-John

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • Nova-Crisis MMORPG
Re: [Resolved] My Assets
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 12, 10:42:06 AM »

Thanks DeeRobbins, Really excited about working and being part of this community. This will be my 3rd attempt at making my dream game, so I'm gonna give back in some way. I remember my mod days with half-life trying to get a team together and all those Days working for nothing when some guy would start a fight in IRC and the team would fall-apart like a bad Wow PuG. So giving back is always my fail safe so others can learn from my mistakes.

NC-John

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: [Resolved] My Assets
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 12, 12:07:40 AM »

This is a really nice gesture, and I'd be interestd to know what type of game is your dream game.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios