HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Resolved] Animation export problem  (Read 3774 times)

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Animation export problem
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 12, 02:45:19 PM »

Hmmm...

Are you getting any errors in the console?  It is no surprise that it looks fine in Max and the viewer and it doesn't rule out problems with the file itself; some erroneous piece of data that makes perfect sense to 3dsMax but Heroengine isn't expecting could certainly be causing the issue.

On the character tools, what crash are you getting exactly?

Legacy

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 12, 03:40:28 PM »

Hmmm...

Are you getting any errors in the console?  It is no surprise that it looks fine in Max and the viewer and it doesn't rule out problems with the file itself; some erroneous piece of data that makes perfect sense to 3dsMax but Heroengine isn't expecting could certainly be causing the issue.

On the character tools, what crash are you getting exactly?

No, sadly there are no errors in the console :/ When I setup character tools(all the paths, select one body piece etc) then go Create files it shows "HeroProcess.exe has stopped working" sometimes even two times. The process goes on and finishes, but when I import such character into Hero it throws an error about *_skeleton.hgm not containing any skeleton and then crashes. But the first time I used it it all went fine.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 12, 10:37:56 AM »

and that is with Max 2012 64 bit with the latest pipeline, I assume?

In regards to the hands of your character - skinning issue thingy, try making a default biped, skinning a sphere to it (with a Hero Material, of course) and exporting it out as a character.  I have a feeling that an issue like that MUST be a model specific problem.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 12, 10:40:56 AM by HE-BENNETT »

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 12, 01:37:35 PM »

Looks model specific. Either bad weighting or bad topology. Remember HeroEngine triagulates quads based models for you. So if you have any ngons of 5+ sided polygonal faces, it's going to explode like the image you showed, as it can calculate that.

Legacy

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 12, 01:01:05 PM »

Looks model specific. Either bad weighting or bad topology. Remember HeroEngine triagulates quads based models for you. So if you have any ngons of 5+ sided polygonal faces, it's going to explode like the image you showed, as it can calculate that.

Ah, thanks for advice. I'll check that out!
Pages: 1 [2]