HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Assigning and Re-aasigning Developer Seats  (Read 2203 times)

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
[Resolved] Assigning and Re-aasigning Developer Seats
« on: Dec 01, 12, 09:04:03 PM »

Because of the higher turnover of developers involved in a volunteer project rather than a professional one, I was wondering if the limit of 99 developer seats means that you can only ever sign assign seats 99 times in total for the duration of the project, or if it means that we can have a maximum of 99 assigned at any one time, even if more than 99 people are involved over the whole course of the project?
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 12, 03:43:06 PM by HE-Cooper »
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Assigning and Re-aasigning Developer Seats
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 12, 11:03:49 PM »

It's 99 assigned at any one time.  If you cancel someones account, you can assign that to someone else.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 12, 12:02:16 AM »

Thanks for the answer - it's what I was hoping for, but I just wanted to check before I start throwing around seats.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

Brian_SG

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 12, 08:59:26 AM »

What I wish they'd do is let those deleted seats really be deleted.  I had someone forget their password, so I deleted their account and tried to remake it using the same information but got, "That name already exists."  So I had to restore it and just keep guessing at their password until I got it.

I've also had people leave the team and later recruited someone with the same name.  Even though I deleted the old account a while ago and, in some cases, that person never even logged in (in the beginning, I used to make an account for everyone I recruited), I still couldn't use that same name so I had to break the naming convention "<person's name>_SG" to something else.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 12, 09:32:47 AM »

You aren't deleting accounts, you're just removing them from your group. As its possible that developers could be in more than one group. And if an account can't remember their password, click reset password.