HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Loading Assets into Client Install  (Read 2543 times)

VincentH

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Loading Assets into Client Install
« on: May 05, 11, 03:36:37 PM »

Is it possible to add assets to the client install program for our games?  I haven't come across any information concerning the steps required or what is possible when assembling this component yet.  I'm concerned that if players connect to the game servers for the first time with no assets preloaded they will think poorly of our game because of all the lag produced while trying to login and move around for the first time.  I have a friend in England trying to connect to the US West sandbox with me so we can try some tutorials together but he ends up with such unbelievable lag there's just no point.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 12, 12:30:50 PM by HE-Cooper »
Vincent Hallberg
vince@modusinternet.com

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Loading Assets into Client Install
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 11, 07:04:39 PM »

I had read a bit on that somewhere in the wiki.  It is the Local Repository Cache that resides on each client so things don't have to be downloaded everytime.  We are supposed to be able to prime the local cache and, when building an end-user client, the LRC can be built into it, I think.  Something like that, anyways.

But, I haven't had much luck getting the LRC priming to work, and still have no idea about stand-alone player clients for HeroCloud users.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Loading Assets into Client Install
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 11, 07:14:39 PM »

Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.