HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Line at the top of my dynamic details  (Read 848 times)

A_White_Guy

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Line at the top of my dynamic details
« on: Dec 04, 12, 07:16:17 PM »

Hi, whenever i create a dynamic detail with an alpha map i always get a line at the top of it, and a border around the sides. this is really frustrating and i have no idea why, and ive had this problem ever since i first got into modeling and figured out how to use alpha channels. I get this problem in max to with everything that has an aplha channel. I also get a border around them as well, i even brought the alpha in like 10 pixels past the edge of the plant in Photoshop and i still get the border. Here is what it looks like:

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 12, 04:46:38 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Line at the top of my dynamic details
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 12, 07:28:33 PM »

You have to understand the concepts of alpha mask and alpha blend. An alpha mask is either 0 or 100 percent, while a blend is a gradient. So if you give something a blended value, and then export it as a mask, you will get a filled in value where the renderer assumes it's not transparent.

The 3 dds export options, 1 3 and 5, specifically refer to how the alpha is handled. None, mask, blend.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 12, 10:36:46 AM »

Hmmm lets see a screenshot of the texture itself, both the RGB channels and the alpha channels.

A_White_Guy

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 12, 05:16:48 PM »

thanks cooper, i will look up the terms you said and hopefully solve my problem. i will also post some picks of the rgb and alpha channels shortly to just so u can see