HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Creating new GUI does not create corresponding prototypes.  (Read 1448 times)

TheRabid

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Hey,

When I create a new GUI asset via the GUI Editor, shouldn't it create a corresponding prototype that I can later access with "CreateNodeFromPrototype"?

I am creating assets via the GUI editor window, and then when I check the client prototype tab, it never populates with the corresponding prototype, and I also can't querry it using /qp.

Am I missing a step here, has any one had this issue?

----

Something funky is going on with my prototypes

after I create a prototype using |Cpfc

I can not access that prototype via /sp
and when I try to use it a system node, I get this error

23:07:05: !ERROR!System:Failed to create SYSTEM.NODE prototypeID=9223372056795831994 err=GOM::addNodeFromPrototype (10556): error: with InternalException message 'Unable to create an instance from the prototype(9223372056795831994), as it is not a valid prototype id.'

But how could it be not a valid ID when I just literally created it via CPFC and it even pops up on the client prototype browser.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 12, 10:08:06 PM by TheRabid »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Creating new GUI does not create corresponding prototypes.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 12, 04:49:08 AM »

when I check the client prototype tab, it never populates with the corresponding prototype
GUI prototypes, though used on the client side, are separate from standard client prototypes and so they do not appear in the Client Prototypes panel.  They show in the GUI Editor panel (HB Menu Bar: HeroScript-->GUI Editor).

I also can't querry it using /qp
Did you use the prototype or class name?  Because for that command you need to use a class name to query for any prototypes made from that class.

When you used |Cpfc, where there error messages or did it say it worked?
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 12, 04:51:11 AM by ScottZarnke »
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

TheRabid

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Creating new GUI does not create corresponding prototypes.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 12, 06:32:11 PM »

when I check the client prototype tab, it never populates with the corresponding prototype
GUI prototypes, though used on the client side, are separate from standard client prototypes and so they do not appear in the Client Prototypes panel.  They show in the GUI Editor panel (HB Menu Bar: HeroScript-->GUI Editor).

I also can't querry it using /qp
Did you use the prototype or class name?  Because for that command you need to use a class name to query for any prototypes made from that class.

When you used |Cpfc, where there error messages or did it say it worked?

After a bunch of weird anomalies, I ended up crashing the heroblade and submitting a bug report. However after that, everything started working as intended. I am guessing it was a fluke?

I also noticed that if I |CPFC using the GUICONTROL class of a GUI asset, when I query that prototype, it will list the fields of the GUI asset. Should I use this to create nodes from (the client prototype of the GUICONTROL class for the GUI asset,) or should I use the GUI prototype? Does it even matter?