HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: GUI Prototype issue continues - Please help  (Read 1466 times)

Sands_Dethston

• World Owners
    • View Profile
GUI Prototype issue continues - Please help
« on: Dec 21, 12, 01:21:14 AM »

I have been getting the following error at random times when I log in, it is currently happening every second or third time that I log in and is stopping me from developing my game  :(

I don't believe it is caused by me because it happens too randomly and doesn't relate to anything I've done. Please, can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Code: [Select]
18:18:41: SYSTEM:System:Character Selection (3758002374) activate
18:18:42: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: _hotSpotPanel
18:18:42: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: _hotSpotPanel
12/21/2012 18:18:35
Call trace:
  Script _HotSpotClassMethods line 35 me[id=1000000007 class=_HotSpot,Sands_HotSpot]
  Script _BaseClientClassMethods line 248 me[1000000003]
starting method/function _AREA_LOAD
starting me[id=1000000003 class=_BaseClient,E_BaseClient]
18:18:42: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: _cssCharacterSelection
18:18:42: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: _cssCharacterSelection
12/21/2012 18:18:35
Call trace:
  Script _GUICSSCharacterSelectionClassMethods line 7 me[id=1000000009 class=_characterSelection,Sands_CharacterSelectionSystem]
  Script _characterSelectionClassMethods line 98 me[1000000009]
  Script _characterSelectionClassMethods line 13 me[0]
starting method/function REMOTE_CSSINVOKEGUI
starting me[id=0 invalid]
18:18:42: SCRIPT:[_characterSelectionClassMethods]:Got updated names...

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: GUI Prototype issue continues - Please help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 12, 11:13:03 AM »

Hi Sands,

I'd start with the work that's been done by someone on your team with regards to Sands_HotSpot.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 12, 09:36:31 PM »

Just a few ideas, though I am still kind of new to this hsl scrpting myself.

definition not found: _hotSpotPanel

It looks like it cant find _hotSpotPanel. Check to see if maybe the GUI is missing?

definition not found: _cssCharacterSelection

This one looks like you might have made a new script and function, but still trying to call it form the old script.

Sands_Dethston

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 12, 04:53:03 AM »

Thanks for the input guys, I have fixed it for now by unglomming (is that a term lol) Sands_HotSpot from the hotspot system node, its not really necessary anyway, because of the introduction of the item system in Sapphire.

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 12, 01:36:24 PM »

Thanks for the input guys, I have fixed it for now by unglomming (is that a term lol) Sands_HotSpot from the hotspot system node, its not really necessary anyway, because of the introduction of the item system in Sapphire.
Eventually you will want to get the Sands_HotSpot working.