HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] levitate and rotate  (Read 1897 times)

VincentH

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] levitate and rotate
« on: May 14, 11, 08:14:32 PM »

I'd like to be able to levitate and or rotate land objects and smaller items in my game.  Should I be looking into creating paths to accomplish this effect or is there something I'm not seeing under an objects 'properties/physics' that should be able to do this?
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 12, 08:52:30 PM by HE-Cooper »
Vincent Hallberg
vince@modusinternet.com

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: levitate and rotate
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 11, 08:18:17 PM »

I haven't looked into them much, but HB has a physics toolbar with a sphere and cylinder icon that I believe is for physically connecting one thing to another.  That might be going in the right direction.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

HE-JAY

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: levitate and rotate
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 11, 10:33:31 AM »

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If your goal is to make a one-time adjustment to the position and rotation of an object (for example, opening a door, rotating a player-constructed workbench, etc), then it's best to perform this rotation on the server via script (modifying the position and rotation fields on the instance directly).

If your goal is primarily to create a visual effect (for example, a floating eyeball that weaves and bobs and rotates), you could use prop bucket instances on the client and modify their positions/rotations from script (or parent them to a pathfollower, or a combination of both).

Finally, if your goal is to allow a character to levitate, you will need to modify the behavior character controller script to support this.

Thanks,
-Jay