HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] I have to change my rendering settings every time  (Read 2601 times)

WolfDreamer

• General Accounts
  • Please work out this time. So many other engines..
    • View Profile
    • Be wary of giant raccoons.  May the penguins save us all.

Every single time I launch, I have to go into the rendering window and turn off all the shadows, clicking off a dozen or so things.  Anyway to get it to save my settings?

It doesn't run at all on my computer unless I turn off the shadows.

Also, a way to have it remember my name and password so I don't have to type it in every single time, would be nice to have.  When a final game is launched, will all customers have to type that in every time they play as well?

Both of these things seem like something that could be easily fixed, and save some hassle for the users.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 09:40:43 PM by HE-Cooper »
The last sane human being in a world gone mad.

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

I am not sure if the blade is suppose to save render settings. It is for testing development and debug. You can download and compile the client from the downloads section which I believe saves your settings.
« Last Edit: May 21, 11, 03:40:36 PM by info360covers »

WolfDreamer

• General Accounts
  • Please work out this time. So many other engines..
    • View Profile
    • Be wary of giant raccoons.  May the penguins save us all.

I do it in my own game world every single time, and it never remembers my settings.

Does anyone/noone else have this problem?
The last sane human being in a world gone mad.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.

Sure, the account login is not saved for anyone, but is a minor annoyance.  What I used to do is have a text file on my desktop with the account typed in it.  Then I could open it and copy and paste it into the login, which was a little bit easier since we have such a long email address.

Later, we asked them for shorter account names that were not our email addresses which they graciously provided.  That helps quite a bit.  Hopefully, we will eventually be able to set up accounts ourselves with names that are not email addresses.

For the player client, once you have it you can customize it, and so you could certainly implement your own system for saving that for a player.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

The Renderer Settings are there as working options that can be wired into a player client and then saved out in the client configuration settings. For development purposes they are not wired up to save by default. We leave that to you to decide what rendering settings you want and which ones you want to set permanently and which ones you want to publish to the user to manipulate.