HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: No target system  (Read 1389 times)

Grogard

• World Owners
    • View Profile
No target system
« on: Jan 09, 13, 03:01:55 AM »

Hello to EveryBody.

We want to implement no target system in our game. In what side we must look - maybe some article of something like this for implementation this system under HE? all examples base on target system $(

Grogard

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: No target system
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 13, 03:36:24 AM »

Oh. I think my path is to FPS Demo $)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 13, 04:19:14 PM »

Also, keep in mind, that in most "no target" MMOs, they just simply don't require a target for most of the skills, so that the skills become all AOE, all cones, etc. But they actually haven't gotten rid of the target system, it's still there, it's just a passive target system instead of an active target system. Then it's just up to the designers to decide whether they want to display the target in the UI.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 13, 10:16:35 PM »

as a follow up question cooper, i'll assume bolt type spells work and is it possible to apply forces to a bolt spell.

For example I hurl fireball can I have region wind / gusts effect applied to it. I know there are ways to do it but thoughts on an efficient direction to take that?

[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

Grogard

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 13, 02:45:01 AM »

Also, keep in mind, that in most "no target" MMOs, they just simply don't require a target for most of the skills, so that the skills become all AOE, all cones, etc. But they actually haven't gotten rid of the target system, it's still there, it's just a passive target system instead of an active target system. Then it's just up to the designers to decide whether they want to display the target in the UI.

Do not agree, I have a bow and shot them to him. Boom just flies opredlennoe distance, and then it is not very. The efficiency depend on how much distance it flew to hit. In this case, where the pseudo system? - I shoot wherever I look and nothing more.

Grogard

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 13, 02:46:04 AM »

For example I hurl fireball can I have region wind / gusts effect applied to it. I know there are ways to do it but thoughts on an efficient direction to take that?

Any idea how implement this?

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 13, 03:45:05 AM »

Just a thought, instead of making the target a moving object, set it to a location based on where the cursor clicks the ground. A fireball could then fire in that direction and stop when it gets over the targeted area, to explode. (up to the max range of the fireball) but that could also be built into the targeting. If its out of range a red circle on the ground. If its in range, a green circle.