HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Heightmap Collision Update Delay  (Read 776 times)

Hedron

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Hedron Online
[Resolved] Heightmap Collision Update Delay
« on: Jan 08, 13, 06:45:33 PM »

I received the heroblade update today in which I figured included the bug fix for the terrain smooth but it seems there is a new issue.  I tried the terrain smooth along a seam and the terrain visually smoothed out properly but it looks to me like the physics are still there.  I could be wrong.  I'm not really sure what the issue is but I suspect it is the physics because after smoothing, the player character walked over what seemed to be an  invisible hill.  I snapped a screenshot which shows a shadowed edge of the shape of the terrain that I smoothed.  You can see the terrain itself is smoothed out flat but the shadow shows the hill in the terrain still and the character is standing on it in the air.  I tried to use the smooth tool again and it did not fix it.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just something on my end?

[EDIT] I just discovered that this is not on a seam after all. It is on a normal area of the terrain that I used the soften brush on. I've added a couple more screenshots
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 13, 09:49:35 AM by HE-Cooper »
Evil Bia Games
Hedron Online
www.hedrononline.com

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Terrain smooth Issue
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 13, 08:47:08 PM »

That's the physics server not updating in real time, which normally happens if the server is under load, or have had a large amount of changes being made to it, or if your upstream is slow. If it doesn't resolve then let us know.