HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] character loss?  (Read 956 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
[Resolved] character loss?
« on: Jan 10, 13, 09:14:03 PM »

I have noticed something that we have found recently. I am not sure if its just our situation or possibly others too.

We have found that you can move to different areas by right click on the name in the Area Orgainzation panel, then select "edit" and go to that area to edit it. (been using that for a few weeks now) I am making GUIs for the create char section and select char section.

I had 1 character in the selection window. I right clicked (area org panel) and moved to "edit" create character section. After making a character, it sent me to the first area with new character. That part was normal.

Next, I went back to the select charater window. The window only showed the character I had just made. The other character was not there. I believe it is from being in the select window, that the character was chosen. BUT because I did not click create, and just went there from selecting an area in the Area Org Panel, it removed the character selected in the select window, WHEN I made the new character.

This most likely will not happen when there are players, because they cannot jump to areas this way. Just wanted to send notice, in case its not just us.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 13, 09:54:15 AM by HE-Cooper »

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
Re: character loss?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 13, 11:52:05 PM »

If I understand correctly,

When you create a character or "log" in you are logged in as that character, so you have a persisted _playerAccount, that has a logged in _player node, the game is blocking you from creating two characters under the same _playerNode, or basically creating a duplicate node / altering the base node.

As you said it's not a problem players will run into, you can test that the above is the case, by choosing to log off via the
utilities interface and log off the other class should appear again at that time when you choose create.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]