HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: cleanenginebasegui.xml problem  (Read 2707 times)

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
cleanenginebasegui.xml problem
« on: Jan 13, 13, 04:16:48 PM »

I have hit a major problem:

While attempting to learn how to implement drag and drop, I created a new gui...
I named it "MyDragTest"
I entered a description
I clicked the browse beside the inherit from input, slelect _IconContainer
That set the Class to GUIDropTarget

I clicked OK

The GUI editor opened, but there was no primary element in my gui.

I added a _panel from the gui scripts
I added an Icon from gui scripts

I set a texture for the icon, set size/position for the panel and icon

I then saved the GUI to the repository.

I went to reload the GUI, and it was not there.  I refreshed. It was not there.

I then checked the console and saw that it had saved the GUI as '_cleanenginebaseGUI.xml'

Not sure what happened, I closed HeroBlade and re-opened it...   THe icon texture I had was in every GUI made..

I opened the Repository Browse and found the '_cleanenginebasegui.xml' file in the GUIXML folder and downloaded it.

I found the panel and icon that I had added ( supposedly to a new 'MyDragTest' gui script ) and removed them.

Uploaded it back to the repository... and now I have a mess:

Many errors lile:
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_AreaCheckpointListItem".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _AreaCheckpointListItem
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_dragSelectRectangle".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _dragSelectRectangle
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_FxScriptCallPropertyPanel".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _FxScriptCallPropertyPanel
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_hotspotPanel".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _hotspotPanel
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_loadingIconDot".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _loadingIconDot
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_LocalizationTableRow".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _LocalizationTableRow
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_LogicalLobbyDirectoryLobbyPanel".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _LogicalLobbyDirectoryLobbyPanel
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_nodePropertyEditorButtons".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _nodePropertyEditorButtons
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetClass(): Couldn't find inherited controlType named '"_panel" on controlType "_nodePropertyEditorMarshalTimer".
17:03:37: !ERROR!System:GUIThunk::GetGUIControlTypes(): Couldn't determin the class of controlType: _nodePropertyEditorMarshalTimer

The cleanenginebasegui.xml file appears to still be there with definitions for all of these things, but I have no way to know what this file was supposed to be as I cant find any mention of it.

I currently can not log into the system as the login scripts have no buttons etc...

Anyone have a suggestion?

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
Re: cleanenginebasegui.xml problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 13, 04:24:59 PM »

If possible, could someone post the contents of their cleanenginebasegui.xml file from the GUIXML folder of thier repo?

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 13, 04:33:23 PM »

I think I have corrected the problem. 

Apparently - the processes I did above added an icon into the primary _panel definition or something ( where I thought the _panel containing my icon was the one that I added... )

I copied the movePanel definition and changed it to _panel ( and GUIMovePanel to GUIPanel) and that seems to have corrected the problem.

Im not sure if this should be looked into as a bug or what... but I do not think that the creation processes I followed above was drastically incorrect enough to have caused this problem...

No idea how the clenaenginebasegui.xml got envolved...

( *whew* )

( I would still appreciate if someone could post their contents so I can verify that I have eveything back correctly )

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 13, 04:39:22 PM »

The problem is still not fixed - while i can now log in - no panels will render backgrounds.. I've obviously not got the definition correct...

Still need suggestions please :)

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 13, 04:53:59 PM »

sorry for the message spam.. but..   just in case anyone wonders.. the cleanenginebasegui.xml sets default values for properties..   the movePanel has a default alpha of 0 set for its color.. and I copied that to the _panel.. changed it back to 1 and display appears correct...

interesting info learned...
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 13, 05:04:24 PM by brainache »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 13, 04:59:57 PM »

Sometimes fixing things you broke teaches you more than getting it right the first time. :-)

brainache

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 13, 07:22:44 PM »

So true... even if it does cost you a few sanity points... lol