HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] New one man mmo.  (Read 2956 times)

Sartull

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[Resolved] New one man mmo.
« on: Feb 01, 13, 12:49:18 PM »

Ever After

http://s1093.beta.photobucket.com/user/jdimstr333/library/Ever%20After

Basically it's going to a strict roleplaying world where you run through enchanted forests and stuff with that and just roleplay with people.  No fighting, nothing like that just good old roleplay :)

Now I now know I need to change ALL default textures from hero since I can't use those (for some reason) but the Repository browser will not let me login.  I put in my password press login and it just instantly says "connecting" then goes back to login while not letting me log on.  I NEED to change these textures to start working on my world again. 

Not being able to put in my own textures I have made so far has stalled me.  I need help right now.  Thank you
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 13, 09:40:04 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: New one man mmo.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:00:35 PM »

You're able to log into your HeroBlade, but not into the Repository browser?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:03:41 PM »

I'm logged in as you to the US East 21 Repository browser, and everything is working correctly. You would log in using the same details you use to log into the forums. It's possible that your connection is failing due to a local installation or connectivity problem.

Is there an error you are getting?

Sartull

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:05:36 PM »

It doesn't say anything connectivity problems.  I press enter to login with the same credentials as the site but it doesnt even try logging in.  Instantly the Login button goes black again and I can keep pressing enter 100 times but never logs on. 

I can log into heroblade JUST fine.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:07:52 PM »

The login button goes black again? I don't know what that means. Can you post a screenshot?

Sartull

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:12:36 PM »

I don't mean it goes black.  I mean the letters themselves.  You know when you login to hero and the letters that say "login" go gray when it's connecting?

Well when I try to go to repository browser to login it doesn't login or turn gray and begin logging in.  I enter my password press enter and it just says "logging in" then instantly doesn't do anything.  Back to square one.  I can press enter and keep entering my credentials but it is not doing anything.  It's not a problem with my connectivity because I can login heroblade just fine.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 13, 01:27:13 PM »

I'm guessing you have an installation problem, probably with .net, but I'm still confused, since the repository browser doesn't say "logging in" when you press Login. A screenshot would help. But reinstalling, and making sure you disable antivirus while reinstalling might fix the incomplete .net install.

WorldWideZ

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Zed
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 13, 04:17:36 PM »

are you running the repo browser from its original button , or one pinned to a task bar or some other form of shortcut?

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 13, 04:39:44 PM »

For a while, I had to log on to the repository by going through the site for a download of the repository. After 2.0 HE came through, I could then log into the repository normally. I also downloaded some of the files to set up the art side of the repository, which may have helped. I did not figure I would need those at first, because I am a scripter, but to reach the repository I needed them.

Amanda_Brooks

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 13, 04:42:38 PM »

Now I now know I need to change ALL default textures from hero since I can't use those

You'll also need to use your own models - the ones provide with the HE are just for testing and demo purposes.
"Heroes and Villains" - www.heroes-and-villains.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
Twitter: @Plan_Z_Studios

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 13, 05:18:03 PM »

Thazagar, that's because you were attempting to run it from a location that UAC didn't allow. Which is what WorldWideZ is attempting to ask might be causing the problem here for this thread. I suspect he's right.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 13, 07:19:49 PM »

Ok, well glad that's fixed.  :)

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 13, 10:08:15 AM »

Has it been super long since you logged into your repository browser? If so try installing it fresh. I ran into an issue once where after like 2 months of not going into the browser it wouldn't work / load, and it didn't auto patch. Went out got the latest version and it worked perfectly fine.

So if you haven't been into the repository browser for a good long while, try just reinstalling it, see if that helps.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]