HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rise of Heroes: Online Prototype World  (Read 5304 times)

jamespro

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Heroes: Online Prototype World
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 11, 08:29:41 PM »

lol believe me we are still working on the game design but we have a solid direction we are heading... We know what we are doing and we are heading in the direction we want to be headed in. I will be back here to post more about our game once we have some stuff worth showing. Until then you guys are free to think whatever you guys want to think about our game and our team because truthfully I can't do anything to change that. It seems the more I try to defend my team and game the more "trouble" I get my self into.
James E. Proctor

MMOInteractive
- Company Owner -

Rise of Heroes: Online
- Project Lead -
- Lead Programmer -

Ashtefere

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 11, 09:54:15 PM »

Really thats all you can do. Just bide your time and show people content when it's ready.

To you, the smart thing to do is code all the proper systems and get the game functioning right while using placeholder assets, but to everyone outside of your team, they want to see shiny. They dont care about systems and maths and inner workings - so unless you are at that stage, they wont care and/or ridicule you for not having pretty graphics.

We know this all too well, and so we will be doing the same as you - keep quiet and show off when there is shiny to show off.

A small bit of advice, by far the most important graphical upgrade you can do for nearly no performance hit is animations. Smooth, mocapped lifelike animations are a noticable major improvement to any game's graphical impact. Couple this with hero's ability to blend animations and you will be onto a winner.

Check out paid-for animation packs (do a donation round with your devs if you need the cash to pay for it) and import them into hero for an instant graphical upgrade. Then, move onto each piece bit by bit concentrating on the stuff visible most of the time, down to the stuff visible least amount of time.

I wish you luck! More people using hero the better.

-Jon

Draken

• General Accounts
  • "Gamers Imagine"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 20, 11, 10:56:42 PM »

I was not in any way sounding mean was just wanting clarification. Also just to keep the trouble down just keep post updated when you get your own models and codes put in to show your work instead of the default stuff. This is what raises suspicion and such. Just a friendly piece of advice.

jamespro

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 20, 11, 10:59:15 PM »

I was not in any way sounding mean was just wanting clarification. Also just to keep the trouble down just keep post updated when you get your own models and codes put in to show your work instead of the default stuff. This is what raises suspicion and such. Just a friendly piece of advice.

My Latest Videos that I posted does show our stuff... The Video showing the Quest system and Dialog System. Both those systems are completely custom made systems along with the GUIs for them.
James E. Proctor

MMOInteractive
- Company Owner -

Rise of Heroes: Online
- Project Lead -
- Lead Programmer -

Draken

• General Accounts
  • "Gamers Imagine"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 20, 11, 11:52:23 PM »

But this early in development it is best to not show anything yet to you have a a reasonable amount of work done to show your teams real skills.

Alex

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 11, 10:16:55 AM »

But this early in development it is best to not show anything yet to you have a a reasonable amount of work done to show your teams real skills.

To be honest, at this point in your development if you want to share stuff, I'd make a "developer blog" rather than incorporate your updates on your game's "main page."  Throw your concept art and storylines on the "main page" and a link to the devblog.

Pages: 1 [2]