HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: More Layoffs for Traditional MMOS studios  (Read 1457 times)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
More Layoffs for Traditional MMOS studios
« on: Jan 26, 13, 11:06:36 AM »

Making MMOs is hard, but honestly, if you haven't played The Secret World, you owe it to yourself to take a whack at it. There is 0 end game, so if that's your game, it's not for you, but the single player leveling experience is completely unique to the genre from a story and tech tree standpoint, and the puzzles, oh the puzzles, are as challenging as I've come across in modern gaming, and the group content is pretty rewarding.

Anyways, here's the link to the layoffs.

http://www.funcom.com/news/update_on_the_ongoing_funcom_restructuring_process

ProjectDiomedes

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: More Layoffs for Traditional MMOS studios
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 13, 10:12:34 AM »

I had the privilege to beta the game and will say in a lot of ways it is truly a unique game.  and I really don't have anything bad to say about the game from my experiences in beta.  I haven't played the game since it's open release, it wasn't what I personally am looking for in an MMO, so I can't comment on how the game plays post launch. 

I would recommend the game to anyone to try out, it's really not a bad game, it's just not what I'm personally looking for in an MMO.  Though I have to admit, the dark aspect of the game is a real plus, and in my opinion it was a bit better before they toned some things down a bit.