HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] $200 To Whomever Fixes - Height maps being flipped in Hero?  (Read 2590 times)

ElectricCrow

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Greed Monger - Sandbox MMORPG

"As far as I can tell the height maps are being flipped to the side when you export them... So in Hero when your facing East that's really north based on how the height maps are imported."

We have imported 16 maps into Hero, but it seems something is happening between export from World MAchine, to import into Hero.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

If you are familiar with World Machine and Hero and can help us figure out where we are going wrong in our exporting of our Height Maps and importing them into Hero, I'll pay you $200. Must be resolved by Sunday evening to qualify for pay.

My skype is jasonappleton77

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 13, 05:14:55 PM by HE-Cooper »
Did you develop an MMO using Hero? Have chunks of code or systems you'd like to sell? Let me know! We are looking to save time where possible!

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: $200 To Whomever Fixes - Height maps being flipped in Hero?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 13, 07:34:59 PM »

It's just as likely that I'm missing something, but isn't north just a concept? I mean, couldn't you just pretend that the direction that is arbitrarily deemed to be north in the heroengine is another direction?

Otherwise, you could just manually rotate the bitmap files 90 degrees before importing them.

Iolorin

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 13, 08:36:25 PM »

I had what appears to be the same issue. Check the "Flip Y Axis Orientation" checkbox, in WM, if you're performing a tiled export from WM or Check the "Flip Y-Axis" checkbox in the file input dialog box if not tiled export. This corrected my situation. Hope this works for you.

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 13, 01:40:42 AM »

Also, i don't know if this was fixed recently, but i had one flipping issue when exporting as leveller. Exporting as raw fixed the problem.

There were couple of threads describing the problem, but they all got deleted since i belive leveller is no longer a preferred import format.

Check if this fixes your problem so we can discuss how to handle payment ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 13, 08:40:43 AM by AWW_boss »

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 13, 02:23:02 PM »

ah, i guess it wasn't that urgent after all

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

One of our team members figured it out on his own.