HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Anyone need a Level Designer?  (Read 4315 times)

Chrisdestinyzero

• General Accounts
  • Chris
    • View Profile
Anyone need a Level Designer?
« on: Jan 29, 13, 10:58:36 PM »

Hello,

I'm an experienced Level Designer who is looking to join the next MMO,

I previously worked with other teams in Hero engine but left because none of the teams were going anywhere.

I'd like to give it another shot after spending the past few years working with companies and would like to work with an established team on World Building and creating the environment for your game.

I'm available to help out 20 hours a week and have skype.
Feel free to PM me or reply to this post if you're interested.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 13, 11:10:02 PM by Chrisdestinyzero »

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
Re: Anyone need a Level Designer?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 13, 01:48:16 AM »

Are you experienced in environment concept as well or just in the 3D asset development? Are you versed in other 3D packages to develop environmental assets that would need to be created outside of HeroEngine?

Chrisdestinyzero

• General Accounts
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 13, 02:22:04 AM »

Hello Josh,

I have some experience with writing the concept to environments but not as much as actual world building.
I've worked with Auto Desk and Auto CAD previously to draft the ideal design of the world and then built it using Hero Engine and also for other engines such as UDK, and Farcry as well.

I'm always willing to learn from others so that I can do more to help; but at the moment I'm only equipped at drafting and designing the world from start to finish.

I hope this answers your question.
Chris.

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 13, 02:54:53 AM »

We are still working on the concepts art of the world itself, but we will definitely need someone who is an experienced World Builder especially with the HeroEngine.

Ineedcash12

• World Owners
    • View Profile
    • Dead End Games Inc.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 13, 11:37:29 PM »

any images of previous work?
Vortex Online - www.play-vortex.com
Dead End Games Inc. - www.dead-end-games.com

Chrisdestinyzero

• General Accounts
  • Chris
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 13, 01:53:12 AM »

Some of my previous work can be disclosed by e-mail or skype but most of my previous work requires an NDA to be signed first.

I can send you a small folder with some images but to see all of them i'd have to request an NDA.

PM me your contact information.

MsSarrene

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 13, 01:45:52 PM »

To everyone who reads this:
I am not going to respond on what intentions Chris has or not, that I do not know. However, I can assure you he does have legal copywritten material that consists of terrain textures, textures from our texture bank, concept art, development screenshots, and other graphics and screenshots.

All I ask is that anyone that does hire him, verify that the work he shows is actually his own and not belonging to another team or company.

To Chris:
Most artists, be them 2d, 3d, world builders, etc all tend to have some form of public reel or gallery. An NDA should not be needed for a portfolio, if it were, I would never have gotten jobs in the past. If the work is under another companies or teams NDA, then that work belongs to that team and should be able to receive permission to show that work as what you have done in the past.

Sarrene' Grant

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 13, 01:48:55 PM »

If you don't want others to use your work as their own, watermark them.

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 13, 12:20:03 AM »

Watermarking them makes it hard for them to use them as textures. What I believe Sarrene was getting at is that Chris may have been working on their project at some point and may still have some of the textures and such created on that project on his person. You clearly don't want to watermark stuff that is actively being used. Chances are the stuff they are working on isn't published to the public so there would be no need to watermark.