HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Can't get area offset to line up on Y axis  (Read 1266 times)

Kobaltic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Can't get area offset to line up on Y axis
« on: Feb 09, 13, 09:03:24 AM »

For some reason I can't get the area offset to line up on the Y axis. I use snaps and get it perfect on X and Z but not Y. I tried turning snaps down to .001. I tried holding ctrl down while on the gizmo. I get it very close but not exact. It seems to be a half a unit too high. Then when I move it down the slightest bit, it is a half a unit too low. I am now linking my 5 fifth area together and it happens on every single one. Any thoughts? Is there a way to type in the area Y value to get it exact?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Can't get area offset to line up on Y axis
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 13, 10:38:10 AM »

The autosnap while editing area offsets happens automatically, as areas are only located relatively to each other. While editing the offset, grab the heightmap you want to align to your current area and move it, it will automatically snap to the edge of the area you are currently in.

Azzerhoden

• General Accounts
  • Midnight General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 13, 04:14:52 PM »

I ended up creating areas of the same size and then entering in the positional information directly.  I even went so far as to create a large spreadsheet with all the positional values so as to customize the shape of an area to suit my needs.

While a pain at first it did allow me to connect a string of areas together without any gaps.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 13, 05:29:01 PM »

That's actually uneccesary since the area heightmaps will automatically snap together, but uniformity can be good for other reasons. :-)