HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mini map & World map in window  (Read 3023 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: Mini map & World map in window
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 18, 12:41:45 PM »

There are 2 different ways/reasons that a class can be parented to another class.  One way is in the definition of the class, which allows the use of its fields and functions thru inheritance. The other way is in the making of the GUI, which adds/presets the controls of the parent GUI to the new class GUI.
Heroes and Villains Lead programmer/scripter
Exile Online Lead programmer/scriptor

H3R013

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 18, 01:56:42 PM »

I can reproduce the error here, if I skip adding in the parent class of   "_minimap".
Try adding that as parent class, then remake GUI part.

Its easy to miss something, I did on a few tutorials myself.

i found the _minimap today idk why i couldnt fiind it the other day but anyways i remade it to parent this time and now idk how to make the buttons. without buttons im getting errors in the TMP_MapClassMethods >>
how do i make buttons?

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 18, 12:09:20 PM »

Ok, lets try taking another approach to editing/changing a script. Close the Client Scripts window, on the top of the editor Click on HeroScript tab, then on HeroScriptEditor. This is the main editor for all scripts. Not only will it allow you to open other script, but it will let you search for already made scripts.

The 2nd button, shows "Open Existing Script or XML File". Click that button and select client or server. Lets start with clicking Client Script. This opens a window showing all the (client) scripts that are in the editor. In the search area (at bottom) type in  utils.  This will show you all the files that have utils as part of the name for the script. You should see MiscUtils as 1 of the scripts, since 1 of the errors you had said the file already exists.  Double click the name or select it from the list (to high lite it), then click ok (button at bottom).

There are some features which can be useful in the script editor. These are the titles for each category that shows - Name, LastModified, Modified By, Owner. Clicking these will show the sorted list by that category.

Name is the name of file, it can be show forward or reverse order.

LastModified lets you know when the script was last changed. If you click it 1 time it will show the last script changed on bottom, and next click will change the order to show you what was last changed in your script list.

Modified By tells you who changed the script last, if you changed it last it will show your email in the category for that script.

Owner tells you who created the script. The first script were made by the HE (hero engine) devs.

At the bottom of this window are check boxes which will help you find things.  The Mine box will show you only the ones you made.  The Deleted will show any scripts that were deleted (though nothing is ever totally deleted, just removed from the lists, in case you need to get that script back). The Show Engine will add all the engine script to the list. While you can open and look at these, it is not wise to change any of those, as something might break in doing so.

Heroes and Villains Lead programmer/scripter
Exile Online Lead programmer/scriptor
Pages: 1 [2]