HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: THE SOULS SAGA! ( The First Hero Open World Project ) ( The Official Blog Here )  (Read 2123 times)

SOULSSAGA

• World Owners
  • THE SOULS SAGA - HERO JOURNEY ADMIN
    • View Profile
    • SOULS SAGA

Hi everyone ! DINIS From the SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Open development MMO.
I am The Crazy PRODUCTIVE guy Also know As SOULS SAGA / SoulsSaga.Deviantart.com

And I would like to let you all know that !

... From the deep down of nothing ... from now on !
We want to develop a OPENSOURÇE / OPEN DEVELOPMENT
In All Kinds of styles In one Massive OPEN WORLD MMO  With HEROENGINE.

That is awesome isn't ! The idea is just !

But RIGHT NOW  we dont have a Single 1 Person That is a CODER in our Staff.

So we need Volunteers That Work in other HEROENGINE mmos To Translate a litle bit of Their Knoledge into Our production.

----

Not Wanting to Desapoint people here, But as a "OPEN SOURÇE" "OPEN DEVELOPMENT" "SANDBOX"
Starting Production - there is No Watsoever Financial Incoming "for now" Into this production.

Latter After Having some cool levels Playable and Possible launching a Beta,
We are going to in then have Open donations & get a Sistem of Payment for our users to pay The SImbolic 1$ Monthly or something afordable for everyone Like that ...  and also off course do many kickstarters as we can to Support The oficial team .
All our Incomings will be PUBLIC ! And From those incomings ...
From that Few money Whenever it comes Will ALWAYS revert in points ...
Those points that the more hours of work as developer you do The more you earn from it !
Wenever we have Incommings that will be our Sistem to Support our main developers !

MAin developers that we need here to GRAB ! From now on MONTHLY !

SO we plan to go COmercial As soon as possible ... Inspite of beying A OPEN SOURÇE PRODUCTION.

SO AS OPEN DEVELOPMENT ALL YOUR PARTICIPATIONS ! ARE NOT JUST DONATIONS TO A COMMON CAUSE !

But Will also make you a official developer near us !
So...
---

AND WHAT DOES OPEN SOURÇE - IN A HERO ENGINE MMO MEANS ?
You might be Asking ?

Well by the Wiki the Defenition of it :
"In production and development, open source is a philosophy, or pragmatic methodology that promotes free redistribution and access to an end product " 

And That Will be Our "pragmatic methodology" in the Sense that :

- ALL THAT WE CAN DO ! IN OUR HERO MMO WILL BE ALSO YOUR OWN ACHIEVMENT.
- Therefore having 99 Seats Available In the Cloud ! "Renewable Monthly"
- We will Grant FREE Acess to EVERYONE Wanting to Participate in our production !

From fans To Developers We will Grant Everyone to put their own Works In This OPEN MMO SPACE !
And they Will be "YOUR WORKS" ...

But the MMO Will be NOT JUST OURS ! BUT OF EVERYBODY !

FOR THAT ! We will be Opening monthly our 99 Seats in the Cloud for everyone Wanting to develop Their things within our Universe Areas !

All stiles will be combined ! All everything will be possible !
INCLUDING BRINGING IN YOUR OWN PROJECTS !
And Independently Advertise and combine them with ours !

----

SO DO YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MMOS IN HERO !? AMAZING THEN !
LETS MAKE A OPEN PARTERSHIP THEN !

You can participate with us in Our OPEN DEVELOPMENT / And have Some FUN With us !
More than that ! you can Also ADVERTISE / CONECT your own MMOS & Whatever projects From our OPEN UNIVERSE MMO AREAS To your own Projects !

Meaning that All Trafic that we can have will revert in trafic for your own project !

MEANING ALSO THAT  whatever Achievments We can have in This Crazy production We will be Starting here !
They all will be also Yours For you to use On your own projects.

AND IN THAT WAY we Expect in some Litle time !

The SOULSSHINE-ONLINE MMO UNIVERSE - THE SOULS SAGA Edition .
To Openly become a Quite Crazy MASSIVE OPEN DEVELOPMENT SANDBOX ...

A UNIVERSE That Allows Integrations and  Partnerships And even Ingame Advertising with all Other MMOS!
And whatever Other Projects Tat you got and you want to make Bridges Within our SANDBOX UNIVERSE !

And for That We need to have All our MONTHLY OPEN 99 HERO CLOUD SEATS FILLED !
Of people developing "STUFFS" Whatever it is With it ! 

Cant believe in the power of this Simple Single idea !? IT DOESNT MATTER ! APPY NOW AND LETS TRY IT !

--

MY NAME IS SILVA DINIS ! Talking from Coimbra Portugal .

And i am one of the 4 Main Admins pillars of SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Production .

And i am Now the New Director of this Crazy PROJECT. THAT WE GONA START FROM ZERO TO HERO !

Of course with the help of ALL YOU ! And all Everyone in the world !

IN OUR PRODUCTION UNIVERSE !
There will not be Diference from fans / GAmers / wana bes / Artists / coders and developers !
In our Universe they are all part of ONE SINGLE Development  and SAME HERO FAMILY !

All eachothers with their own projects !
ALL PROJECTS MERGING BRIDGES INTO ONE BIG ONLINE UNIVERSE !

Each one for itself ! one for all ! And all for one ! Within one Universe to Rule them all !!

THE SOULSSHINE-ONLINE UNIVERSE ! IS NOW YOURS ! Yes Radicaly of all you !

Say Something around If you Are Interested !

You can Also COntact us tru our oficial mail at : SOULSSHINEONLINE@GMAIL.COM

Or just join us in at our Production Communities at :

http://SOULSSHINE-ONLINE.DEVIANTART.COM
http://SOULSSHINE-3DDEV.DEVIANTART.COM

We are Just Getting Started here so "Be gentle please" !

And what yu waiting ! Join us now !

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO MUCH !

SILVA DINIS

RPGSI SOULS
http://SOULSSAGA.DEVIANTART.COM

MORE ABOUT ME AND ABOUT OUR PROJECT "RESTART"

I am 54 years old FroM Coimbra Portugal. Always worked Professionally in the Graphics Field Since child.
People know me more as SOULS SAGA .

Check me out and Add me at my Portfolio in DevArt at : http://soulssaga.deviantart.com/

And i am one of the 3 Main Managers & Administrators of the SoulsShine-Online / Open development Open source Online Production Universe, That is Developed by SoulsStudios Int. & Light Of Live Edt / At Coimbra University Portugal... "somewhere in Europe near were Atlantida have fallen." 

--

Anyway ... "By a desperate decision" Made mostly on my own ...
And in order To Improve our open development / Open Sourçe production ...
We bought the Wounderfull HEROENGINE Cloud Project Hosting, "when there was that (amazing) half Pryce weekend promo", just to test the services, and to test the ( i think amazing ) Hero Engine Possibilities ...

--
Most of all SOulsShine-Online is a Non financed "Communitarian production Group", Production & Project Just financed on its own and by Donations, And therefore The Open Source / Open development, Character of it.

We have a Large Community of 1500+ Members Mostly Based & founded in More than 10 Deviantart Artists "Production Groups" , That we been gathering To Develop COmmunitary Production projects Since 10 years Ago.

You can Check out our several Online Art Main Communities at :

http://soulsshine-online.deviantart.com
http://soulsshine-3ddev.deviantart.com

---
... We the main Admins Have been in this Now Online Production Project More than 20 Years ago, were we Started The SOULSSHINE production in Making Comics Novels and Literary Chose your Way Game Books.
Since there we developed our own Studio and then our own Publisher, ( Wich is quite in bankrupt by now I must confess ), And in a Desperate solution, we are turning now the whole production Into Online Open Development, Open Source, But also commercial Projects , in order to try to Survive And sustain and maintain somehow our Production Activities More Openly.

---

Our Production specialize in developing Community Production projects.
Were our main & Only and One Production THE SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Is a Universe That joins all kinds of Projects of everyone Within a Open Universe of Communitary JoinVentures.

Therefore our Online Production Universe literally joins all kinds of users Projects Since Comics, Manga, Books, Gamebooks, Rpgs Tabletop & online, Grapic Novels, Interactive Novels, Motion Books, and of course Games Developed in Torque, Udk, Unity, And now Hero Engine.

Our Online Production Beside Non Financialy Founded, can be that Vast because of the Unlimited Productions & Projects SandBox That the SOULSHINE-ONLINE Open Developent, Open Source & commercial Online Joinventured Universe That we represent Allows with so many project colligations into.

---

HERO ENGINE.
WOuld be A Great And Amazing Solution for us .
- IF There would be no necessary Game programmation of Whatsoever To Run a Published Game with it.
Much like Unity or udk ...

AND That is For us because ( in spite of the 1500+ members community ) be all Artists in the most many forms, from Photo, video, 2d drawing & CG painting to 3D development ...
THERE IS IN FACT NOT A SINGLE PROGRAMER ON OUR RANKS .

Wich will make our ( or mine ) decision in Buy a HEROENGINE Cloud Hosting ... a Tremendous haste.
Apparently for everyone here this is Because ( Most of many people's online Say ) That HEROENGINE Can not Be Run successfully to a Published game - Without any kind or sort of programmers in its staff, as the engine features are heavily runned by HEROSCRIPT HSL Language ...   

No smattering That and inspite of everything in all odds against, we still tested The Engine and the Host services, and putted also in comparative to Many others , Torque, Unity, Udk ...

And After Many HardCore Analisis and some many brainStorm sessions , our Staff ( Mainly the Other 3 Admins ) Decided to Abandon The SOULSSHINE-ONLINE HERO PROJECT.
They decided to Leave HEROENGINE Behind in Their productioN Schedule To concentrate in the Official Game production in UDK and UNITY Mainly ... They Expect UDK 4, with realtime Global Illumination And all bells and wissles  be released at least before 2014 ... And UNITY 4 To Implement Voxel cone Traced Global illumination...
As High candy Visual Fidelity And High Quality 3D Graphics are "that important" to our Production Projects ...

And therefore they are taking Those 2 Unity & Udk "High End" Dx11 World Rising Engines To the Next level in Our Production intentions ...
Our production Main Branch, They Also have availed CRYENGINE, And After Many Months of failed Tests they  decided That CryEngine was Even MORE DIFICULTY to develop Things in than HEROENGINE Itself ...

----
Inspite of the Cryengine Crydev.net awsome community ...
We Putted CryEngine CompletlY Asside from our production ,
- Mainly Because of the lack of "proper exporters" and on overall how dificult the workfows on Develop a Complete scene in it was becoming ... CRYENGINE would also Need c++ Scripting ... Wich is Even Worst Than HERO In terms of Dificulty to Put a Game Running.
- Also the Licensing of Cryengine Would Put us Serious Dificulties to Develop long term games in it.   

SO Next to CryEngine was for us Time to Avail HEROENGINE ...
- And Literaly our Producers Just Some Days Ago QUIT  also from using it. To develop our next games,...
- Mainly because there is no Coders Amoung us , and The Engine Lacked some Features
/ And was Not so easy to develop things comparing to UDk and UNITY ...

Wich as far as i Think is a Deep SHAME.

__

From all the 4 Admins in our Production Studio ... I Was The Only one That oposed Myself to it.
I think we SHOULD Continue to develop our projects with HEROENGINE .
- No matter if we have resources Or Staff enouph for it or Not . Right now .

For me The Hability to develop a MMO In the Cloud and Actualy BE ABLE TO DO IT in such a Amazing Easy Way, without Server or Software Custs Watsoever ... Its Already a "MAssive Milestone" .

Be Able to Develop in HEROENGINE ( At least for me )  Its Like Getting Ahead 10 Years on our time,
Cause When "we would be able to have a MMO Online Otherwise ?"
- "Only big companies as Trion Worlds "Rift" or other Giants, can actually successfully do it .. "
- But Hero Engine Gives us "today" Ways to achieve it ..

And for me thats a Fact And Opportunity - That by All Means - Should not be wasted.

--
SO SHOULD WE QUIT OF DEVELOPING IN HEROENGINE ?
- Just Because we have No Wathsoever programmers Or money to pay them then?

Well I say and said ABSOLUTELY NO .

SO from all The SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Team Staff, i was The Only person that decided to Keep developing with HEROENGINE . Keep The production Account Here Active ...

I was The main Person Also that Invested the 50$ backthen for the HEROENGINE Account Start .
And i Will be the Only main person investing the 100$ Yearly to keep it.
And i will be the One and only MAIN ADMIN of this Production project from now on ...

And of Course i was Abandoned, by the Others Studios Staffs, to Do Whatever i Please out of The now:

SOULSSHINE-ONLINE - THE HERO - Engine - The Souls Journey Saga Edition ... 

Wich will be maibe the First "Open Source", "Open development" HeroEngine Production ..

^^

THAT IS MY STORY SO FAR !

WISH ME LUCK PLEASE !

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO MUCH FOR THE OPORTUNITY IN USING HEROENGINE SERVIÇES IN EVERYTHING !

SILVA DINIS

RPGSI SOULS

THE SOULSSHINE-ONLINE TEAM // COIMBRA PORTUGAL

PERSONAL PORTFOLIO IN DEVIANTART: http://WWW.SOULSSAGA.DEVIANTART.COM
DIRECT CONTACT: SOULSSAGA@GMAIL.COM
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 13, 07:14:25 AM by SOULSSAGA »

THE SOULS SHINE ONLINE | OPEN DEVELOPMENT INTERACTIVE UNIVERSE | http://WWW.SOULSSAGA.ORG/3DDEV

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: HI THERE ! SOULS SAGA HERE !
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 13, 08:46:21 AM »

We get a notification when posts are coming from the same IP address under different user names. :-)

SOULSSAGA

• World Owners
  • THE SOULS SAGA - HERO JOURNEY ADMIN
    • View Profile
    • SOULS SAGA

Well Changing Subject And making of this Thread MY OFFICIAL PRODUCTION BLOG !

And as I AM And will be The One And ONLY now in Charge of everything here from now one ...
First Thing i Would like to Say To the HEROS COMMUNITY ... is that :

Making Full Usage of our production Accounts :

--------------

SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Is FROM NOW ON Recruiting for our OpenSOurçe MMO production.

-------------

WE GOT 99 HERO ENGINE SEATS AVAILABLE IN THE CLOUD !

And we expect to Fill them all !

And unlikely any other project we will allow everyone in to fill and full fill it !
Everything you imagine ! You can build with us, and bring it today alive in our MM0 SANDBOX !

---------
Official Production Note From the Souls Studio:
See The Official Note in CGTALK: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=73&t=1094206

SOULSSHINE-ONLINE is a Open Development / Open SourCe Online Production universe !

And from now on we will be developing our own HEROENGINE BASED Open development SandBox MMO Production project.

Every month We will be REOpening all our 99 Seats Available in the cloud .

At Every Single Month We will keep Renewing The 99 Accounts Open To all everyone interested to Develop Within our Production Space.

IN A RADICAL DECISION FROM OUR PRODUCTION TEAM ! THE SOULSSHINE-ONLINE HERO CLOUD SPACE !
Will be Open and Available To Everyone ! No matter its skills or talent!

We will Simply accept all everyone that just wants to participate in it !

We will keep the 99 Seats Within The Herocloud Open to Everyone inscribe Themselfs and renew Their Position Monthly

Changing the Landscape of SANDBOX "HEROS" MMOS THE SOULSSHINE ONLINE - SOULS SAGA - OPEN PRODUCTION , WIll be the Pure Defenition of a OPEN PROJECT.

Allowing literaly Everyone To "not just gameplay" but also Create All everything they Want Within our Cloud Open Production MMO SPace.

From now on !
ALIKE THAT OUR OPEN DEVELOPMENT WORLD WILL BE YOUR WORLDS !

Inovating the Original owned Concept of OPEN DEVELOPMENT MMO.
That Will mean Unlimited Personal & "Group Development" Areas Creation.
Within The SOULSSHINE-ONLINE Hero Cloud Open Space.

You will be able to Create Not just your own Levels, inside our production, call fiends and make your own histories, As well Giving life to your own Custom Made Characters that will go tru you own Plots, And Roleplaying Against Everyone ! Developing with your own Works and be able to put All your whatsoever Creations and ideas Side by Side With us At the Our Official OPEN Development MMO Production. WE WILL MAKE THAT POSSIBLE !

To InScribe yourself and keep your inscription within our Open production 99 Seats Space.

Just need to Every Month SENDING a Request For a Position at our production Oficial mail @ SOULSSHINEONLINE@GMAIL.COM

Every Month All the Accounts will be reseted. Allowing Everymonth 99 Seats For everyone Available.

The Gathering For this Monthly development Seats.
Will be made at our Recently made Official Forums for HERO CLOUD at : SOULSSHINE.ORG/HERO

JOIN US UP ! AND START BUILDING WITH US YOUR OWN MMO LEVELS !

There will be no limits !
WITHIN OUR PRODUCTION UNIVERSE ! Everything is possible !

So what you waiting for to start Creating with us !
OUR OPEN SOURCE / OPEN DEVELOPMENT UNIVERSE MMO IS from now on YOURS !!!

( and that is the Radical first main changes We will do Under new direction around here .. )

Keep close to this Production THREAD/BLOG ...
And add it to your Bookmarks ...

As More Will Come !

As Oficial new Director of this production i am preparing a REVOLUTION !

Hope you like our INITIATIVE !

THE SOULS SAGA / SOULS STUDIO TEAM

__
SILVA DINIS
RPGSI SOULS   
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 13, 02:48:52 PM by SOULSSAGA »

THE SOULS SHINE ONLINE | OPEN DEVELOPMENT INTERACTIVE UNIVERSE | http://WWW.SOULSSAGA.ORG/3DDEV