HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] --Type Error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined  (Read 2546 times)

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios

So I need some help, I keep getting this error --Type Error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined (subject name). I get this error whenever I go to Utilities -> MaxScript -> HeroEngine Export and it happens as soon as I select HeroEngine Export. I have attempted to re-install the pipeline to see if that fixes it and it did not. This feature was working fine 2 days ago, and then as soon as I attempted it again today it gave me this error. I have attached screenshots of the errors for you to see what it coming up.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 13, 01:37:39 PM by HE-BENNETT »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: --Type Error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 13, 09:31:03 AM »

An error of that sort is always a local configuration issue, especially since it was working before.  The error you see is  basically saying "granny? what is that??" meaning something is not set up properly.

Are you the sole user of that workstation?  Do you have the art pipeline set up locally or is it in a shared environment?  When you attempted to re-install the pipeline did you first uninstall it and then close 3dsMax before re-installing?

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
Re: --Type Error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 13, 01:25:55 PM »

Alright well now I feel dumb. When I reinstalled I just did the repair feature which didn't work... Well thanks for pointing out something obvious that I should have known to do lol.