HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Question? Can't Find Seamless 2.0 Linked Areas  (Read 3085 times)

LoliMadit

• World Owners
    • View Profile

Im trying to do area mapping for the seemless mapping. After 49 areas being placed the name shows up but the map area don't show up.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 13, 08:30:46 AM by HE-Cooper »

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 13, 07:12:49 PM »

I havn't done one in a while, but when I used to add an area, the camera would pan to it so I knew which direction to look for the linked area and edit the offset.

Are you adding a bunch at a time and not waiting perhaps, or just 1 at a time and nothing is showing up? 

LoliMadit

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 13, 07:35:05 PM »

Yeah i only do one at a time. Like there not even showing up in the map anymore.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 13, 09:00:01 PM »

you sure they just aren't really offset from each other or stacked, remember the terrain can be right on top of you and it won't show if it's not 2 sided. When you click on the area and go to offset it can you see the handles? Does the area name show up in the areas panel?
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

LoliMadit

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 13, 09:11:38 PM »

It shows up in the panel but when i go to the offset its not there.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 13, 11:50:20 AM »

Dim other rooms can help, and in general, if there's no other relationships between areas, then the area comes in wherever the camera is. Also keep in mind that terrain is transparent from beneath it.

LoliMadit

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: [Resolved] Question? Can't Find Seamless 2.0 Linked Areas
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 13, 11:09:33 AM »

No like they don't spawn in at all. There not invisable or anything els.

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 13, 05:05:37 PM »

so they show in the area panel? but no where in the world? Have you tried flying your character around in erratic manner to see if you can spot them?

Things to remember, an area when looked at from below doesn't appear, Areas tend to come in  where your camera is at the moment of link.

I often end up searching around a bunch to find where it put my area. Turn on camera pass through, and just fly around a bit and see if you end up spotting the other area.
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

EdwardFalzon

• World Owners
  • Author, atheist, polemicist, smart-arse.
    • View Profile
    • Author of "Being Gay is Disgusting"
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 13, 09:01:12 AM »

1. Be sure to be out of Character mode when you add a seamless link, or the camera won't turn to the new area.

2. Once the camera turns, even if you can't see the terrain, click [Edit offset] then select the [3] Select-and-Translate tool. Marquee-select the sky area in the middle of the viewscreen. You should hit at least one of the heightmaps of the newly linked terrain.