HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Input Commands / key binds  (Read 585 times)

DemonAgeOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Input Commands / key binds
« on: Mar 03, 13, 06:53:43 AM »

I was attempting to implement my own GUI which when I pressed a certain key It would pop up, which I never accomplished. So I decided to go and do the Tutorial for Building a Simple Character Activition Counter, as it also worked with GUI's and keybinds.

https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,2650.0.html ( link to the tutorial )

I got up to "Handling key press Events" section 2. Where to my suprise I continued to have the same trouble, I would press CRTL+L and the Assest Library popped up and no message in the console, so I figured might be because of the clashing keybind or something. So I went and rebound it to "K" this time absoultely nothing was happening... No message in the console, no error, nothing.

What is that I am missing, thats making my keybinds not work?
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 13, 03:50:37 PM by DemonAgeOnline »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Input Commands / key binds
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 13, 07:30:51 AM »

You may have been in edit mode.  For the bound commands to work, you need to be in character mode, i.e. clicking the stick man button at the left side of the toolbar.  Otherwise keys go to HeroBlade itself.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

DemonAgeOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: Input Commands / key binds
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 13, 03:32:28 PM »

Nevermind found my problem was using the wrong gamekeybindings.ini, thanks for the help
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 13, 03:50:18 PM by DemonAgeOnline »