HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Fixed in Next Update] Dynamic Detail Issue  (Read 2562 times)

JCashTGS

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Fixed in Next Update] Dynamic Detail Issue
« on: Mar 06, 13, 01:35:37 PM »

Ok, so today I noticed that our dynamic detail (in this case grass) was acting a bit odd. It flashes and pops into view whenever I turn my camera certain directions around it. I did some testing, and this is what I found:

1. The glitch does not occur whenever I am loaded into an area either from the area organizer or from the start screen.

2. The glitch DOES occur whenever I walk into an adjacent area, and then walk back into the first area.

3. The glitch seems to me (notice this is speculation) like the engine is trying to cull the rendering of the grass when I turn my camera, but it does so too early, there for it "pops".

4. I can only view the grass from one direction without it popping while the glitch is occurring.

5. The glitch disappears on reload of the area.

I hope this was clear enough and that someone else can point me as to what is going on and if/how to fix it.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 16, 01:12:37 PM by HE-SARRENE »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Dynamic Detail Issue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 13, 01:53:46 PM »

I've seen it also since the last update. It's a occlusion problem, minor, but we'll get it sorted out in the patch after Sapphire.L.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 13, 11:32:48 AM »

We are unable to reproduce this in the latest update, let me know if you're still seeing it.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 13, 03:46:08 PM »

Dave found a repro, back on the front burner.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 13, 05:14:12 PM »

Fixed in next build.