HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Resolved] Max Script error  (Read 10203 times)

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Max Script error
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 13, 02:50:46 PM »

Yes my assets are fully rigged and animated. The files are like 60mb with the textures and everything so I'm going to send them with out the textures to try and make the file some what smaller.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 13, 03:30:38 PM »

Before you do that actually, what happens if you open a new file, make a clean biped (with root named Bip01) and try and use the character tools?

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 13, 04:13:20 PM »

Still get the same error

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 13, 05:00:01 PM »

I can't reproduce the error using the FBX file sent to me by Gilgamesh.  Considering that and the fact that you still get the error, GM_James, when in a clean file with a clean biped mean it MUST be a local configuration issue of some kind.

You may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the art pipeline or even 3ds Max itself.

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 13, 01:15:55 PM »

It must be that the installer doesn't install things correctly then because I'm starting to hear about more and more people running into this issue with the same exact setup as what I have.

Our 3d Modeler responsible for setting our Avatars up tried both 3ds max 2012 and 2013 and on both installs get's the same error at the exact same point.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 13, 01:27:26 PM »

I thought your 3d modeler was having issues with exporting the rig and then found out that it was a rig setup problem. Hasn't he successfully imported your male avatar at this point?

So far we have 3 reports of the issue here, all are using external FBX files, but we are unable to reproduce on myriad machines, using the same scenes. Have you tried a clean install of Max and art pipeline? Do all the other Max tools work correctly? Are you able to export modeled assets and animated objects?

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 13, 04:33:25 AM »

Same problem here

I get this error with my model as well as with a new Biped (see screenshot)

Was anyone able to solve this problem?

+

When I try to download the Artpipline Installer for 3ds max 2012 x64 I get an error on the website:

Error:
An error has occured while trying to download this file. Please contact Support: support@heroengine.com

It's just not my day :S
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 13, 04:36:50 AM by uexilon »

ToY-Krun

• General Accounts
  • Support Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 13, 02:07:31 AM »

Hey guys, I noticed this issue you're having and remembered one of my guys had the same problem.

He only installed the pipeline last week, and was getting these errors.

My version is from  January, so I zipped up my pipeline and sent to him,  and it works.

I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly why the new pipeline isn't working, only that the older version is working where the new one isn't.

speedtek_99

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • CrazyWeasel Game Studios
« Reply #23 on: Apr 07, 13, 05:51:57 PM »

I am getting the exact same error when attempting to set the character path using hero character tools.

I have the latest pipeline installed, using Max 2013x64.

CharacterTools.ms errors out at line 582 with the error:
--Unable to convert: undefined to type: String

Michael Gough
Lead Developer
CrazyWeasel Game Studios
http://www.cwgstudios.com

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 13, 06:47:53 PM »

Hey guys, I noticed this issue you're having and remembered one of my guys had the same problem.

He only installed the pipeline last week, and was getting these errors.

My version is from  January, so I zipped up my pipeline and sent to him,  and it works.

I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly why the new pipeline isn't working, only that the older version is working where the new one isn't.

Removed the 2013.2 Pipeline and copied the 2013.1 into the same folder. Everything is set up the same way:
2013.2 -> error message
2013.1 -> works fine

Think I have to go with the older one.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 13, 09:48:53 AM »

Hmmm.  With that additional information and some more testing I am now able to reproduce this error.  I'll update you with the cause and a fix as soon as the issue is identified.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 13, 01:30:44 PM »

We're looking at why an error sometimes occurs when trying to download the art pipeline from your account page.  If you try again after the error appears you will usually be able to download the file successfully.

I believe I have identified the issue, one of the old scripts that was cleaned out contained some dependencies for the character tool.  Namely some variables which were globally declared.  This is simple to fix and a new pipeline update will be released soon.

If you are comfortable editing a script file, simply add these lines:

EngineRootDir = ""
EngineRootPath = ""
AnimationSetFolder=""
Agent=""
CharRootPath = ""
CharacterName = ""
CharacterPath = ""

at line 15 of the Character_Tools.ms script in the HeroEngineArtPipeline\MaxScripts\Max201x.0\  folder.

That seemed to resolve the error for me and further testing appeared to show the character tools working as expected.  If you encounter any additional issues please let us know ASAP and I will address them before the next package is released.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 13, 03:01:47 PM »

The fix has been made and deployed in the new 2013.3 pipeline.  Thanks for your help in identifying this issue :)

speedtek_99

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • CrazyWeasel Game Studios
Re: [Resolved] Max Script error
« Reply #28 on: Apr 12, 13, 12:22:18 PM »

Works great now, thanks!
Michael Gough
Lead Developer
CrazyWeasel Game Studios
http://www.cwgstudios.com
Pages: 1 [2]