HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [] Setting default character stats  (Read 853 times)

DemonAgeOnline

• World Owners
    • View Profile
[] Setting default character stats
« on: Mar 09, 13, 08:18:59 AM »

So i've been working on adding stats to my character, which at level you are given the option to increase those stats. so I have added the fields Str,agil,stamina to my DA_playerCharacter and basicly what I want is that when my character is created it starts with 15str,15agil etc, and from there is upgraded on level etc. I would guess that I would set these stats In a script that is only run once say when I very first create my character.  So my question is what is the best way to go about doing this?

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 13, 08:23:39 AM by DemonAgeOnline »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: [] Setting default character stats
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 13, 02:53:36 PM »

There is a section in E_commoncharacter that gets called when the player character is created. It sets the basic stats like health and name. This is where you might add in basic stats for each character type upon creation of the character. Then when the character gains a level, there is another section that shows how to display the exp and level gain. This might be a good spot to add in new level info for each character type.

Also by adding in the actual values to the character in the class specifics, using a variable is one way to keep track of each stat. In the DOM, do a search for the Field hitpoints. It is on both the client and server. You can add a field for each stat if you like. The DOM is the place classes and fields get defined for a permanant type, rather then temp type in a function. (Be careful not to disconnect anything that is already being used, before understanding the DOM.)
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 13, 02:58:58 PM by Thazager »