HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trying to Learn Animation Export/Import  (Read 10714 times)

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Learn Animation Export/Import
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 13, 04:29:08 AM »

Static Character -> Use Hero Charactertool and set the Character path to ../HE/Charcter
After Characterfiles creation you get the folder "Your Charactername" with two subfolders: animation and maps. All .asq an animation .hgm files need to be placed in the animation folder, aswell as the yourcharacter.aas and the ANIMATIONSET.dat.  The yourcharactername.dat is placed in the "your Charactername" folder togethter with the skeleton.hgm file.

A yourcharactername.dat file could look like this:

Code: [Select]
Version=2
[PARTS]
  Model=yourcharactername.hgm
  AnimationSetFolder=\Character\yourcharactername\animation\
  Agent=\Character\yourcharactername\animation\yourcharactername.aas
  Behavior=PlayerCharacter2
  Gender=Male
  TextureLODSpeed=.2

As you can see, you could also place the animation files somewhere else or use the same animation files for different characters.

In the Animation subfolder the ANIMATIONSET.dat is a list with the names of all .asq files in the folder.

!
!Basic AnimationSet.dat with a tempalte idle sequence listed
Version=1
[SEQUENCES]
  idle
  walk
  run
  die

The .asq files themself contain information about the animation itself.
!
! Animation Sequence Spec
! template Sequence generated by Max or Maya output
Version=1
[ABILITIES]
  Apply Animation
    .Animation=idle.hgm
    .InitialSpeed=1
    .InitialLoop=true
    .InitialAlign=true

Most thing you can write in here (see http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/.asq) can also be done inside HeroEngine after uploading the character files. You can blend between Animations, use multiple (different) Animations for the same event and so on. Just open the Animation tool inside HE and open the ANIMATIONSET.dat of your Character. There you can create new sequences (asq - Animation Sequence) and do all the stuff you want :)

Dynamic Character -> Use Hero Charactertool and set the Character path to ../HE/Charcter/dynamic_2
After Characterfiles creation you get the folder "Your Charactername" with three subfolders: animation, maps, parts. All .asq an animation .hgm files need to be placed in the animation folder, aswell as the yourcharacter.aas and the ANIMATIONSET.dat.  The yourcharactername.dat is placed in the "your Charactername" folder togethter with the skeleton.hgm file. The dynamic Character needs some more files. The following two files are placed in the same folder as the skeleton.hgm file:

yourcharactername.dyc
Version=1
[SETTINGS]
  Skeleton=yourcharactername_skeleton.hgm
  PartsSpec=yourcharactername.par

yourcharactername.par (something like this.. http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/.par)
! bang to comment line
! Human Parts definition file
!
[Root]
Character\Dynamic\Human\Female\

[Slots]
!
! The slots are the areas defined for the Human in which various parts can go
!
Hair Base
   Keyword=name:Base;type:hair;hasIncludes:no;path:hair;order:1;
Hair Bangs
   Keyword=name:Bangs;type:hair;hasIncludes:no;path:hair;order:2;
   % onif(Hair Base)
   % LODoff(6)
Helmet
   Keyword=name:Hat/Helmet;main:headwear;type:clothing;
   % hides(Hat)
Head
Torso
Left Arm
Right Arm
Waist
Left Leg
Right Leg

[Divisions]
Hair: Hair Base,Hair Bangs
Head: Head,Helmet
Upper Body: Torso,Left Arm,Right Arm
Lower Body: Waist,Left Leg,Right Leg

[Parts]
!
! Slot: Part, Mesh file
!
Hair Base: Empty,empty
Hair Base: Bowl,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_bowl.hgm
   % hides(Hair Bangs)
Hair Base: Medium,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_medium.hgm
   % hides(Hair Bangs)
Hair Base: Mop,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_mop.hgm
   % hides(Hair Bangs)
Hair Base: Wiry,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_wiry.hgm
   % substitutes(Hair Bangs:Parted Long,empty)
Hair Base: Bobbed,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_bobbed.hgm
Hair Base: Flip,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_flip.hgm
Hair Base: Cropped,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_cropped.hgm
Hair Base: Long,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_long.hgm
Hair Base: Short,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_short.hgm
Hair Base: Spiked,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_spiked.hgm
Hair Base: Cornrows,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_cornrows.hgm
   % substitutes(Hair Bangs:Parted Long,empty)
Hair Base: Wavy,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_wavy.hgm
Hair Base: Half Tied,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_halftied.hgm
Hair Base: Tied Up,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_tiedup.hgm
Hair Base: Double Tied,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbase_doubletied.hgm

Hair Bangs: Empty,empty
Hair Bangs: Curved,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbangs_curved.hgm
Hair Bangs: Parted,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbangs_parted.hgm
Hair Bangs: Parted Long,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbangs_parted_long.hgm
Hair Bangs: Split,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Hair\hairbangs_split.hgm

Helmet: Empty,empty
Helmet: Round Dome,Character\Dynamic\Human\Shared_Geometry\Helmet\helmet_round_dome.hgm
   % hides(Hair Bangs)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Wiry,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Short,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Mop,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Spiked,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Bobbed,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Medium,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Flip,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Wavy,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Half Tied,Cropped)
   % substitutes(Hair Base:Bowl,Cropped)

Head: FaceGen,head_whole_facegen.hgm

Torso: Bare,torso_bare.hgm
   Keyword=default

Upper Right Arm: Bare,arm_ur_bare.hgm

Lower Right Arm: Bare,arm_lr_bare.hgm
   % LODSubstitutes(3,LoResBare)
Lower Right Arm: LoResBare(alternate),arm_lr_bare_lowres.hgm
   Keyword=lores

Waist: Pants,legs_pants_default.hgm
   Keyword=default

Lower Right Leg: Bare,leg_lr_bare.hgm
  Keyword=footwear

Lower Left Leg: Bare,leg_ll_bare.hgm
  Keyword=footwear

[Banks]
female_base_upper_body
female_base_lower_body
hair
female_head

Note: Copied from the wiki and cleaned out the <span style="background-color: navy; color: white; " />  no clue why this is in there

All mesh .hgm part files need to be placed in the parts folder. For instance head.hgm, torso.hgm, legs.hgm, feet.hgm, hands.hgm

About the part files: It dependes on your gamespecific implementation how many different parts and subparts dynamic Characters (most likely Playercharacter) have.
« Last Edit: May 11, 13, 04:44:01 AM by uexilon »

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 13, 12:26:28 PM »

Yeah i read all of that in the wiki, still doesn't answer my question though. I know where to put the hgm files, I get the hierarchy for that.

What I am trying to figure out is where in the repository do I put the asq and the dat files if I were to create them in wordpad? Or where within HeroEngine would I create these if I chose not to use wordpad. If I use wordpad do I simply put them in the same folder in the Repository that I put the model in? or is there a specific folder they go in?

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 13, 02:05:21 PM »

Now I'm confused.

That's just what I wrote in the previous post...

Your local repo folder ../ArtDepot/HE is basicly the same as the HE folder of your World repository.

So when you place the character files in the ../HE/Character/YourCharacter on your local hdd it's just the same on the Server.

I don't know how I could explain it any better.

You are now in the HE folder. Now you open the subfolder Character. Here should a folder called "yourcharactername" be placed. Inside of this folder:

All .asq and animation .hgm files need to be placed in the animation folder, aswell as the yourcharacter.aas and the ANIMATIONSET.dat.  The yourcharactername.dat is placed in the "your Charactername" folder togethter with the skeleton.hgm file.

And so on. That's just what I wrote above.. I think I'm more confused then you right now :S

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 13, 04:32:43 PM »

Thanks, you mentioned what I was trying to figure out in the second to last paragraph there. I understand the hierarchy between the root folder on my comp and the repo. What was continuously missing from the explanations people kept giving was where exactly the asq and dat file was suppose to be. But now I know it goes into the animation folder with everything else. Maybe I skipped over it in your other posts but I don't remember you mentioning that the asq and dat files go into the animations folder with the animations themselves.

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 13, 05:36:51 PM »

Well.. doesn't matter. Even if I have to write it a thousand times, as long as you got it now that all doesn't matter :)
I know very well, that the Hero Engine sometimes gives you some headache.. Though the solution is in almost every case rather easy ;)

Well, as long as it's okay now I'm happy. If you run into other problems don't mind to ask  8)

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 13, 09:41:41 PM »

Thank you for all your help.
Pages: 1 [2]