HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Animated asset  (Read 1957 times)

ShaolinNinja

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Animated asset
« on: Mar 15, 13, 09:13:26 AM »

I have now successfully imported a static asset and a static character into hero engine and am now trying to import an animated asset. I made a torch with a particle effect for fire and imported it. The torch showed up but the flames did not. I went back and added key frames hoping this would help, but it didn't. Does hero engine not recognize particle effects (I am using Maya 2013) from other programs, or am I missing something?

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Animated asset
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 13, 03:50:11 PM »

Yes, that is the case.  Particle effects need to be created via the FX system and added to the asset via script inside of HeroEngine.

ShaolinNinja

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 13, 02:46:30 PM »

Is there an easy way to get a player to move with an animated object that they are standing on? Or at least not fall through an object moving up and down? I have tried pathways with children, creating animated assets and importing them, I even tried making a heightmap a child of a pathway, but either the physics doesn't follow the object animation or the character just fall through the object a half second after landing on it.

I am coming from a background of basically no scripting and I do all design by my lonesome (Textures, assets, level design, everything...)

Was hoping to start off with some simple Jump and Physics puzzles.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 13, 03:32:04 PM »

Physics will have to be updated on the server, so no 3d studio max animation there...

Same thing with opening doors, making elevators, etc...

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 13, 12:04:07 PM »

So what Dwight is saying is YES you can do it, by using a STATIC asset that has its motion defined via script.