HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updated Icon system  (Read 5170 times)

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
    • Heroes and Villains MMORPG
Re: DragNDrop Icon system
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 13, 07:27:22 PM »

One way would be creating a field which is a list of strings. Add this field to class E_playerCharacter. The string gets initialized on the server side. Add back "none" to list for the amount of abilities on your panel, as a spot holder. Then when you add the ability on the bar, add it to the list in the correct offset, and save that list to the server side. Then when you log in again or switch areas, you want to load the saved data to the panel.

HistoriaOnline

• World Owners
  • Aspiring MMO Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 13, 07:36:48 AM »

Sorry I think I found my problem.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 13, 08:31:42 AM by HistoriaOnline »

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 14, 01:15:16 AM »

Updated the Icon system. It now uses pick up and put down icons.
It has 4 classes for the Dom, 3 scripts that they use, and 5 XML scripts, plus 2 lines of code added to call them.

Jarvis

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Icon system
« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 14, 10:57:31 AM »

I like it. Seems pretty simple and neat. I have them all disabled for now mind you because 1) I don't know how to disable the skills/icons menu so it interferes with debugging and making maps. And 2) when the icons are in the hotbar you can drag the slots with right click. Only when the icons are in the hotbar, if they are blank you can't drag them. It throws everything out of whack however because you then have empty slots disorganized everywhere.

Thazager

• General Accounts
  • Never stop learning
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Icon system
« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 14, 07:49:49 PM »

If you want to make them permanent, the mouse interaction can be changed to not move them around. This is a basic system for adding icons from a window to the hotbar. Some games use it that way, while other games set them in and they cant be moved. The more options you give your players, the more they might check the game out.
Pages: 1 [2]