HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: problems using C.A.T skinning export  (Read 2011 times)

davidcass

• Developers
    • View Profile
problems using C.A.T skinning export
« on: Mar 16, 13, 07:40:38 PM »

hello, this is my first post, Ive a chicken character, made up a custom rig using cat, applied a skin modifier.
Using cat motion created a walk cycle which in max animates perfect with no skinning problems. but when exported
to the hero viewer animation has vertex deformation extremely bad, is it the compatibility with cat Motion. i know it works with cat but maybe cat motion had issues. has anybody had this problem. the model exports with granny node and animates, looks ok in viewer untill you load in the animations, ive only renamed the pelvis as Bip01 and cat helper to Bip01_Root. do other bones need to be renamed ?
thanks dave.

the hen was first export using cat motion, i just tried a wild boar animated walking and chewing in cat, and it works perfect, something wrong with the chicken mesh which was free on the net, maybe it was modeled in another platform.well its good cat works we can open the flood gates and import all our animated bigworld characters
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 13, 09:13:15 PM by davidcass »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: problems using C.A.T skinning export
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 13, 11:07:42 AM »

Some screenshots of what you're seeing would help greatly in diagnosing your issue. :)

Only the root/pelvis bone needs to be renamed (to Bip01), this allows the tools to add the SRB properly.

It is quite possible there is something messy on the chicken mesh, you might look at this thread to see if it helps: https://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,3977.0.html

Sometimes purchased models have extra data in channels on the mesh, that thread details how to remove it if it is there.  In fact, if the wild boar you also tried with CAT worked just fine it is almost certainly an issue with the mesh not CAT motion compatibility.