HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Fixed in Next Update] Panel Layouts no longer load correctly  (Read 2461 times)

AReynolds

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Since last patch the Panel layouts will not load correctly, ever.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 16, 01:12:45 PM by HE-SARRENE »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Panel Layouts no longer load correctly
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 13, 03:53:11 PM »

Hi AR,

They appear to be working correctly, so let's see what you're doing that we're not expecting. If you click "save panel layout" and save the layout as test1.xml, and then move a bunch of panels around, then click load panel layout, and select test1.xml, the panels don't move back to the original layout?

AReynolds

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 13, 02:05:43 PM »

The pipeline is more like, I load the editor up, get in the tools and then attempt to load my panel layout. It then shifts things around but does not load the panel layout correctly. It keeps it all grouped in one tab. I am going to try making a new XML file incase of some corruption somewhere and will update you if it works.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 13, 02:07:14 PM by AReynolds »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 13, 02:07:58 PM »

And have you tried with new layouts, like the order of operations I outlined above? Is the problem only with old layouts? Have you edited the xml in anyway?

AReynolds

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 13, 02:19:12 PM »

No I haven't. I just layout all my windows and panels, and then go to Save Layout with a new file name. I reload the editor and choose that layout and it doesnt work. It just flashes like its doing something. I am using a dual monitor setup so one window is for all layouts and the other window is for the renderer.

The first image shows what the layout is like when I save it. The second image shows what it does when I reload the editor and attempt to load my panel layout.
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 13, 06:20:43 PM by AReynolds »