HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Item Selection and Propbuckets  (Read 1761 times)

Tythin4

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Item Selection and Propbuckets
« on: Dec 27, 11, 04:18:10 AM »

Guys, I need help.  I tam trtying to make a clickable object that hold items for the player to pick up.  Unfortunatly, whenever I create the object as a propbucket, it doesnt reconginize it as my class I made.  I set the physics to be static and the mouseSelectable to be true but it still doesnt work.  I glommed my class to a standard box and it worked but i need to be able to create it whenever i need too.  Sorry if i dont make sense since its 1 am right now but any help would be great.  :D

EDIT: Is there a way to visualize the node in the world without a propbucket.  if so, how because i can't find it.  is it through prototyping?
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 12, 08:44:08 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Item Selection and Propbuckets
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 11, 09:00:52 PM »

I may not be understanding what you are asking. But a prop bucket is a far more "abstract" concept than I think you're taking it for. But again, I may be misunderstanding. Having the player "click on a thing" to "make something happen" or "make something appear" would be one object and interaction and system on its own. The prop bucket is a separate system to specifically keep a list of things to access.

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Prop_buckets

Tythin4

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Item Selection and Propbuckets
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 11, 11:50:55 AM »

I got it after a few hours of messing with it.  I had a class create a propbucket at the feet of a player that will act as an object to loot.  I figured out i had to turn on mousetargetable and physics to static to make it clickable.  Then, I glommed on my class to the object in the bucket and then it worked