HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Release] SnowCloud Entertainment ToolSet  (Read 2437 times)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
[Release] SnowCloud Entertainment ToolSet
« on: Mar 25, 13, 03:31:29 PM »

SnowCloud Entertainment is happy to announce their first commercial and free release: the Autodesk 3DS MAX ToolSet!

With this toolset, you are able to perform most of the tedious and time-consuming tasks with a single click. Our free version includes tools specifc to HeroEngine as well: remove LastPose = Undefined errors with a single click for your each object in the entire scene, or reset your scales (XForm) for each object in the scene with a click, making all your objects HeroEngine safe with just 2 clicks.

Additionally, the premium version has other tools that help streamline your artists work: the Notes tool for keeping handy notes in each .max file, or the WhiteBox Importer tool for quickly importing the whiteboxes from HeroEngine into your 3ds max scene. Go crazy with our PhysiXCalculus by blowing things up, and create realistic destroyed meshes. You want to animate this destruction? Sure thing, just use our bone tools and run the physics again, creating keyframed animations of your explosion or demolition.

There is also the generators tab with a few generators that could come in handy for each game: create rough or smooth stones with the stone generator, or create a whole wooden floor with the plank genetator!

For HeroEngine specifically, we implemented the Occluder property changer. This button toggles the occluder property, and will inform you if the selected object will act as an occluder in HeroEngine for you.

Lastly for our premiums, there is the auto-backup tool, which will create a backup for you (in a folder called _Old_*scenename* of your scene-location) every x minutes in the background up to a max of 10 backups per time, before it will overwrite your backups from the start. We don't want to lose our work if we accidentally forgot to save, right?

For more information about the specific features for both free and premium, visit the projects page here:

What is to be expected for the updates in the near future:
  • Wall Generator (Premium)
  • Crumbling effects (Premium)
  • Project Manager (Premium)
  • Automatic Material Conventions (All)

Currently in Development
  • Project Manager (40% Complete, April 28, 2013)
The Project manager is a tool that creates a file that you can share with all artists in the team, listing all your maxfiles of your project in custom headers (with their location in your central repository). Each artist now has an overview of all your files, and can easily open them by double clicking on the file inside max.

Example:
Our project "Pirates' Nest" has different islands, each with their own max-files attached to it.
If you select the project "Pirates' Nest", each island will be listed ("Island1", "Island2", "Island3"). If we select from the list "Island1", all Max-files which are linked to "Island1" will be listed alongside it. Double clicking any of these Max-Files will open the file instantly.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 13, 08:01:34 AM by PN-Dwight »

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Autodesk 3DS MAX: Tools
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 13, 05:58:02 PM »

Thanks Dwight, I'll give it a go next time I'm working on an asset.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 13, 08:18:11 AM »

First post :)
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 13, 08:01:50 AM by PN-Dwight »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 13, 01:35:22 PM »

Well, I just felt like developing it all today, and threw in some extra goodies in the ToolSet as well.

To download and install the toolset, with its own update function, please visit http://www.sc-entertainment.com/projects.php and follow the Instructions :)

Once I release some new features, just press the "Update Script" button, and your current script will automagically be updated with the newest version on the server :)

--
Currently in development:
 -- Random Rock generator (Generate a quantity of rocks, with a max value of 200 verts to use in your game)

SarreneGrant

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Triad Game Studios, LLC.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 13, 06:01:56 PM »

This is a gem as Dwight has worked hard on this. And i must say, it is wonderful. Great work Dwight!

Peace,
Sarrene'

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 13, 10:10:02 AM »

This is a gem as Dwight has worked hard on this. And i must say, it is wonderful. Great work Dwight!

Peace,
Sarrene'

Thanks Sarrene' !!
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 13, 08:02:07 AM by PN-Dwight »

grogbro

• World Owners
  • ZOMBIES! YAY! RUN!!
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 13, 02:05:45 PM »

DEMOLITION!

Good stuff Dwight! :)

keeperofstars

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • StarKeeper Online
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 13, 11:54:23 PM »

does it work with 2013?

I followed the instructions but get error when I click on the interface button.

Runtime error: fileIn: can't open file - "$scripts\SC_ToolSet_interface.mse"

Then it opens up and shows this.

macroScript SCToolSet_Interface category:"Tools"
(on Execute do
  fileIn "$Scripts\SC_ToolSet_Interface.mse"
)

I did run the updater and that works fine.
Any thoughts?
[img]http://screencast.com/t/x7btcSSyp3h0[\img]

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 13, 06:41:04 AM »

does it work with 2013?

I followed the instructions but get error when I click on the interface button.

Runtime error: fileIn: can't open file - "$scripts\SC_ToolSet_interface.mse"

Then it opens up and shows this.

macroScript SCToolSet_Interface category:"Tools"
(on Execute do
  fileIn "$Scripts\SC_ToolSet_Interface.mse"
)

I did run the updater and that works fine.
Any thoughts?

The new tool uses just 2 files. Please acquire the free or premium version, and update your toolkit :)
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 13, 08:02:58 AM by PN-Dwight »

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 13, 08:56:17 AM »

I can't get it to work. Updater gives me a access denied error so it doesn't download the "SC_ToolSet_Interface.mse"

Is it possible to provide this file in the .rar file?

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 13, 09:05:59 AM »

I tested it again with a few people and it all works as it should, using XP and Windows 7 as OS's. What OS are you using? Not allowing to download the files can have something to do with the restrictions of a certain OS.

I will add the file to the projects page.

EDIT: I added it to the projects page.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 13, 09:08:44 AM by PN-Dwight »

uexilon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 13, 10:19:03 AM »

I'm using Win 7 64-bit. I also deactivated Kaspersky for a short try but no luck.

Downloaded the file from the page and copied it to the scripts folder.. works fine now.

I'll give it a try now :)

thanks for sharing

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 13, 11:07:28 AM »

If the full administration rights for read and write are not active, then the download will fail because of the "Acess Denied". I am using the .net framework to download files to your machine, and let max place and rename all the files accordingly. This is a process without a direct confirmation option, and thus the dowload will fail.

Kaspersky ... I heard that name the first time quite some time ago, when a group of small hackers breached all of their systems :D

- Implemented a stone generator (rough and smooth rocks, variable vertices on the user's decision). Premium
- Implemented a simple plank-generator for distorted and normal planks. Premium
- Fixed a bug in the "Locate Pivot on Center bottom of the object" [multiple objects bug]All verions
- Fixed a bug in the spawn. All verions
- Improved the speed of rock generation (250 rocks on my machine in ~3 seconds, 860 verts [max value]).Premium

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 13, 12:42:04 PM »

Created a 10 minute video on youtube showing most of the functionality of the toolkit (premium and free):

http://youtu.be/qxTLkh5W88Q

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 13, 01:01:05 PM »

So yeah... We like whiteboxes as much as you do and with the premium version of the toolkit, we are able to import them to 3ds max, keeping their size and relative position :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgzuCMLIW5A&feature=youtu.be

The toolkit's release is quite soon :)
Pages: [1] 2