HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Reopened] Looking for help with stitching  (Read 5116 times)

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help with stiching
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 13, 02:43:49 PM »

In this particular region, the player comes out of the mining tutorial, up a valley, and onto the face of the cliff where they can see the whole of the remaining landscape out before them. I want all the heightmaps in this particular region visible.

I do thank you for the post however, as it something I shall most definitely keep in mind as I go along with the rest of the world.

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help with stiching
« Reply #16 on: Apr 06, 13, 05:19:20 PM »

Well, the problem isn't really fixed, but it will have to work. I just lowered the height map a slight bit and now its stitching. Its far too high to keep the job easy, but at least it works now.

I believe the issue is Resolved.

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
Re: [Resolved] Looking for help with stiching
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 13, 10:51:47 PM »

I hate to reopen topics, but this is actually a big issue. I know exactly how to explain it now, the system only allows heightmaps to be stitched to the highest portion of a heightmap. This is extremely annoying when you use high mountains, and low plains in the same tile. Is there any possibility about making it so that the heightmap can be stitched when it's close to the base as well?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: [Reopened] Looking for help with stiching
« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 13, 08:32:53 AM »

I don't know what that means. In your first pics, you were attempting to stitch a heightmap that was most likely at the top of the extent of an area. Are you sure that's not what's happening? You had verts that were covering 100 meters, in a single vert. Is this a different problem?

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 13, 05:50:40 PM »

It's the same problem, but I better understand it myself now. What I'm referring to with "highest portion of a height map" and "base" is the "space cube" (for lack of a better definition), which is the cube that surrounds an object, visually showing in a simple way its dimensions. It appears that you can only stitch height maps together if the tops of their cubes are near, rather than if the separated edges of the heightmap themselves are physically close.

The issue that I'm having is that I have to create all of my heightmaps at the top of the valley, stitch them, then flatten them to ground level, all in order for the stitching to remain across heightmaps. I cannot simply create a heightmap at the base of the valley, and stitch it to it's neighbors.

I'm fairly sure it has nothing to do with area extent, the one section that I showed was the highest point at that time, and it worked fine when I stitched it. What I had wanted to do was place it further down, so that I wouldn't have to lower the entire height map in order to have it stitch, and would only need to raise that one high section of mountain.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 13, 06:16:12 PM »

I'm still confused, but it sounds like you might need to "recenter"  the midpoint for the heightmaps. There is a button to do this in the import tab of the terrain panel.

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 13, 07:26:10 PM »

Thank you very much, I had not known about that, and It appears to have worked.

Smithor

• Developers
  • World Controler
    • View Profile
Re: [Reopened] Looking for help with stitching
« Reply #22 on: Apr 29, 13, 11:16:37 PM »

Alright, That last issue has been resolved, but I appear to have a new one. Now, I'm having issues after I stitch the terrains together. When I go to smooth the edges, it Just reverts it as if I hadn't stitched it. As you can imagine, It is quite problematic. I've split the old area into two, hoping that it would help, but no avail.

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: HeroBlade has crashed twice, something which I've never see it do, while I was pursuing the stitching of borders.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 13, 11:31:23 PM by Smithor »

EpitaphMMO

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: [Reopened] Looking for help with stitching
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 13, 12:15:23 PM »

seems to be there is a pretty common issue with height maps stitching together seamlessly with this software and support has not responded to me either for a fix. this is a very disappointing issue that seems to simple to be true. I have had the same issues as well as just with ones that are level. The stitching comes apart after terrain editing and leaves ugly gaps that I have not found a way to fix yet
Pages: 1 [2]